View Poll Results: Who should win the 48 hour producer challenge?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Track 1

0 0%
  • Track 2

4 57.14%
  • Track 3

3 42.86%
  • Track 4

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 48 Hour Producer Challenge (DoomJockey vs Rek_Aviles vs L3VER MUSIK vs Banedox)

Listening now - feedback typed as I listen through wharfedale speakers connected to my PC.

Track 1 - decent effort - the atmosphere created with the music is screaming out for a song/lyrics IMHO - very atmospheric sounding but needs a vocal to compliment it but good work in the 48 hour time frame given. Reminds me of The Human League for some reason or other. Sounds sweet & clean.

Track 2 - more my type of track - love the driving bass sound at the beginning & the distant sounding vocal. Sounds sweet & clean to boot.

Track 3 - Like the start to this track - groovy mutha!! - Bit tribally sounding which I like - I could imagine David Morales bashing the fook out of this - could do with a decent intro & outro & maybe a bit more snippet's of vocal in but good stuff. Sounds sweet & clean.

Track 4 - Got a Digweed/Rennaissance sound at the start - heard stuff a bit like this in the 90's - maybe a tad too quick in tempo for me but I'm getting on a bit now. Could maybe do with being longer than 3 & half minutes. Sounds sweet & clean.

Track 3 for me

Apols though as poll closed

So I just wanted to say to everyone thanks for the feed back.

I actually had a slights mishap and only spent about 3 hours working on it. I realized after I had finished and needed to go to bed. I was in bar mode and not time.. so I thought it was only 160seconds long and not 160 bars... makes a big difference when I am arranging stuff.... -.-

I was track 1.

I keep forgetting to post this.

@basilbrook - thanks for listening even if it was after the voting ended.

As for the tracks, 48 hrs is a lot of time to get something going but in reality, most of us can only really put in like 5 to 7 within the 48 so this was not an easy challenge. With hat said, great job guys.

#1 has potential. A bit too long so it became repetitive but you explained why. And I think someone else felt the same, but this track has an 80s pop vibe to it which I enjoyed. Not sure why though.. maybe the drums. Could've used a better kick.

#2 was on point! Nothing bad to say about this one and the obvious winner, poll or no poll. It was simple but it was clean and the sound quality was tops.
    *question: did you sample the vocals on your own from the original On the Run track or is that in a sample pack? Nice work with the vocals. That something i never really practiced so I rarely use vocal drops.

#4 was good too. Could've used another synth layered on top for the melody. Good progression and nice setup into the first break. I like the arrangement work on this track.

I was track 3, thanks for the votes! And congrats to L3VER MUSIK - he was #2.

This was fun.

I'd like to see another with the same 48 rule with another group.

well im down for any of them producer challenges, must do more.

#2 was on point! Nothing bad to say about this one and the obvious winner, poll or no poll. It was simple but it was clean and the sound quality was tops.
    *question: did you sample the vocals on your own from the original On the Run track or is that in a sample pack? Nice work with the vocals. That something i never really practiced so I rarely use vocal drops.

the vocals were actually from the acapella version of the album -- NICE THAT U CAUGHT THE TRACK -- love that!! thanx for the kind words i voted for your track it was very nice!
    take a listen and enjoy ** www.soundcloud.com/l3ver-musik**
    INSTA ** L3VERMUSIK **

Quote Originally Posted by Rek_Aviles View Post
    I keep forgetting to post this.

@basilbrook - thanks for listening even if it was after the voting ended.

As for the tracks, 48 hrs is a lot of time to get something going but in reality, most of us can only really put in like 5 to 7 within the 48 so this was not an easy challenge. With hat said, great job guys.

#1 has potential. A bit too long so it became repetitive but you explained why. And I think someone else felt the same, but this track has an 80s pop vibe to it which I enjoyed. Not sure why though.. maybe the drums. Could've used a better kick.

#4 was good too. Could've used another synth layered on top for the melody. Good progression and nice setup into the first break. I like the arrangement work on this track.

I was track 3, thanks for the votes! And congrats to L3VER MUSIK - he was #2.
    I agree I always seem to get criticized about the drums not fitting, so I have been trying to remedy that recently after this...