Thread: Snake Eyes

BillESC
    Lighting, Sound & Video since 1973
    804-435-6858 [email][bill@entsyscorp.com]

They make me think of Rubic cubes.
    I am not a professional DJ. It's a backyard hobby I love! In the garage. Numark ndx-500, American Audio 10 mxr , 4 BFM tuba 24s, EV ZLX 12p's, Truss full of lights. I STILL have all my equipment as of January 2023!

Interesting. I sense a '70's roller ball type effect revival goin on, there seem to be quite a few of these throw-light-everywhere fixtures popping up now.
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com

Take my money.....

Funny looking. Some of these units look kinda cheesy as a single or pair imho. They start to look pretty cool when running a dozen though like in that video.

Nice. I really like the housing/case lighting. I wish more companies would start adding those to their moving heads to add another dimension to the lights.

That looks good but most of us are only going to buy 1 or 2 so it would be nice to see it in action solo.
    OPOAT

I just bought a Snake Eyes Mini, the little brother to the huge Snake Eyes. Its probably the most active moving head made. Here's what i noticed if you decide to get one.

1. MUST USE DMX, sound active will drive you nuts, also the built in programs will make you climb a wall.
    2. Slowing down the unit with DMX make the unit look awesome-o
    3. No IR remote, sorry cant black it out with a remote for those who hate lugging around a DMX
    4. Don't clamp it on a speaker stand sideways using an ADJ O-Clamp or something like that, the unit is too heavy for such nonsense
    5. I used an ON STAGE speaker mount and placed it a top a heavy Gatorworks metal speaker stand. Its a heavy stand but necessary.
    5. Mention that you own one for gigs with young children or a younger crowd. I tell them its like a robot and they go nuts over it which means more business.
    6. Like I mentioned before it is a VERY active fixture and owning 2 in my opinion is overkill, plus they are expensive.
    7. Again, it rocks back and forth and may tip over mounted sideways, mount it up. If you need to use an alloy tripod, use sandbags.
    .."You can NEVER go too far"---Ferris Bueller