Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rane MP2014 2-channel Rotary Mixer

Quote Originally Posted by light-o-matic View Post
    AFA linear fader mixers having shitty fader curves, unfortunately you are right that a lot of them do but the quality ones have a proper curve.. there is nothing about a linear fader that forces a bad curve it is all about the design of the mixer. Cheap mixers that have half assed vca circuits catering to the scratch crowd will be prone to these problems. A quality linear fader will have a good curve. But knobs are nice. This is why I love the Ecler with its big eq knobs I can mix on and has the faders too for quick cuts.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    Also, with the NUO, I get a great curve out of the linear faders - my volume comes in at about 1.5. You know by using the curve adjustment on the front set to about 2 o clock I think.

If I ever upgraded it/got a second one I would love one of these Ranes though.

Quote Originally Posted by Windows 95 View Post
    There's people who blend songs with the crossfader?
    Yep. I'm not one of them, but have seen plenty who do this.

(Unless your drop mixing.)
    OK this is annoying me.
    It won't let me edit it from "your" to "you're".
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

Quote Originally Posted by light-o-matic View Post
    I wonder if they will come out with a digital version of the old 2016 layout?
    Possibly at some point, but the reality is that the 19" rack format has plummeted big time over the years as 10"-12" tabletop format has pretty much taken over.

There's people who blend songs with the crossfader?
    Quote Originally Posted by [O/][iii][O/] View Post
    Yep. I'm not one of them, but have seen plenty who do this.
    A couple of my mates do, so when we're playing back to back after a good few drinks, I forget and and it throws me right off, annoying as hell sometimes!

I've never tried a rotary mixer, reckon I'd have to have a few hours on one to see how I get on with it, but it would make sense for my mixing style.
    * Follow me on Twitter * My latest mixes on Soundcloud / Hear This * All downloads on Hulkshare *
    andymunro.blogspot.co.uk for my tracklistings and links to my 320k mp3 downloads

Hi - Not sure if you're aware, but Rane already offers several 2-channel (and 4-channel) linear fader type mixers. Their entire mixer product line can be found here: http://dj.rane.com/products/

Cheers
    Seriously. I know what mixers Rane offer cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabbitMonk View Post
    man this mixer looks sexy, they should release a fader version.
    Hi - Not sure if you're aware, but Rane already offers several 2-channel (and 4-channel) linear fader type mixers. Their entire mixer product line can be found here: http://dj.rane.com/products/

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRabbitMonk View Post
    Seriously. I know what mixers Rane offer cheers.
    Hi TheRabbitMonk - Sorry, based on exchange above, I'm not understanding what you're requesting/suggesting if you already know that there are several linear fader models already currently offered. Is there perhaps something else you have in mind? Please better explain so your request/suggestion can be better understood. Thanks!

These mixers aren't for everyone. Not even EDM DJ's use them.

The sound and blends are second to none.

Quote Originally Posted by VJ LouNYC View Post
    These mixers aren't for everyone. Not even EDM DJ's use them.
    Definitely not for everyone, but you can easily mix Progressive House, Minimal, and Techno on a rotary - I do using a 1620LE. Most big name EDM DJs play music that does not lend itself well to rotary mixing - plus you need to be able to ride the mix, not change songs every 43 seconds...

Quote Originally Posted by VJ LouNYC View Post
    The sound and blends are second to none.
    Most rotaries sound great - although many fader-based mixers are just as good. Blending is definitely a strong point, although you can get similar results with a fader box - using the channel faders, not the x-fader...

I agree with you to an extent. Hard to compare faders to knobs in sound. I've used both to mix house and faders fall short. Just my opinion.