Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: speakers that have been overdriven

speakers that have been overdriven

some motherfucker Overdrive my speakers only for one minute. immediately they started sounding fuzzy. one of my contact said that's because there is a residual charge in the driver'syou have to wait for 3 days and then your speakers will be better and it workedafter three days I test them and they were back to new

I've edited this to add something to make it quite clear the speakers I'm talking about have ribbon mids. Totally different kind of speaker
    and now I have to edit again 12 meant 12 o'clock that's half way on the dial just in case you thought you could get away with it and went crunch oh for Christ sake
    no wait a minute that 12 is from someone else's story it must be some sort of coincidence my speakers for also turned up to 12
    Last edited by setback; 01-17-2016 at 02:53 PM.

From London and you write the Queens's English like that.... But your friend is FOS there is no such thing as residual charge in speakers, if they are damaged by being over driven you wil have to replace driver(s) to have them sound like new again.
    QSC GTDaudio B52 Numark NS7 American DJ Hercules 4Mx ACER Behringer Peavey Koss CerwinVega Selenium VDJ= Sweet Music
    Owner DRZ Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by setback View Post
    some motherfucker Overdrive my speakers only for one minute. immediately they started sounding fuzzy. one of my contact said that's because there is a residual charge in the driver'syou have to wait for 3 days and then your speakers will be better and it workedafter three days I test them and they were back to new
    Wow.......... Your friends a liar.

Did it look like this?

or more like this?

* Follow me on Twitter * My latest mixes on Soundcloud / Hear This * All downloads on Hulkshare *
    andymunro.blogspot.co.uk for my tracklistings and links to my 320k mp3 downloads

Bullshit, you're just lucky the speakers did not sustain coil damage (if this story is even true, as you're saying you heard your speakers being overdriven for one minute without reacting). Then there's this thread, which showcases a serious lack of gear handling knowledge. http://www.djforums.com/forums/showt...ent&highlight= . Residual charge

Not sure why this is in prod & recording either.
    Shoot here -----------------> SoundCloud ________________________________ MixCloud________________ __________________YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Desmorider View Post
    Wow.......... Your friends a liar.
    Is he the same "mother" that overdrove the speaker in the first place? If so, find new friends. I agree with others, "residual charge in speakers" is a bunch of crap. Sorry bud.
    Being a DJ is like being in the mob. You're in it, then you try to get out but it pulls you right back in.
    (2) Technics 1200 M3D's | (1) Pioneer DJM-S9 | (2) QSC K12's + QSC K181 | (1) Numark NS7II

"if this story is even true, as you're saying you heard your speakers being overdriven for one minute without reacting"

I've had to do similar, came into a house party that was using my speakers. DJ had everything at 12, the whole thing distorting, but the party was kicking. Had to wait a bit, for him to finish mix, before explaining they were my speakers and the cones normally don't move like that, please sort asap.

Read his previous thread, dude just found out why you don't short wires, now shares his knowledge about "residual charge". One time at some gig I had a guy taking over on my gear and proceeded to max everything out on the mixer. He got told off swiftly. It's totally up to any of you guys if you see your equipment being abused without reacting.

DJ had everything at 12
    Gains at 12 is a normal position, you probably mean 5 o'clock.
    Last edited by Alex Murphy; 01-15-2016 at 01:55 AM.
    Shoot here -----------------> SoundCloud ________________________________ MixCloud________________ __________________YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    Gains at 12 is a normal position, you probably mean 5 o'clock.
    I did thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimanee View Post
    DJ had everything at 12
    Damn son... that's two more!

Last edited by pete; 01-15-2016 at 01:22 PM.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix