Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling out! 48 Hour Producer Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin James View Post
    Someone set some details and lets get this fucker rolling
    In terms of detail , everything is pretty much on the honor system. I think the time frame should be something like it starts Noon Friday --> Noon Monday. That would give everyone a period in which could work on there schedule and get a possible full 48 hours in to work and submit.

Sounds good to me I'm ready for this friday. I guess we can work on finding a judge after we get everything completed. Or we can make it a public poll type thing.

Doing a Friday thru Monday period, we'll have to post the track to a public soundcloud link and have it posted in this thread by noon Monday.
    Find me everywhere @youseenofilter

Quote Originally Posted by DoomJockey View Post
    Sounds good to me I'm ready for this friday. I guess we can work on finding a judge after we get everything completed. Or we can make it a public poll type thing.

Doing a Friday thru Monday period, we'll have to post the track to a public soundcloud link and have it posted in this thread by noon Monday.
    I vote for public poll. Keeps people active and in an attempt to pay attention. And I think just a link to an individuals sound cloud would suffice.

I also feel like there should some minor requirement that would tie all the submissions together. Like key or something.
    Last edited by banedox; 01-27-2016 at 09:33 AM.

Agree with public poll. I'd have to disagree at the present time with a restrictive measure such as key. Perhaps a time limit, minimum of 3 minutes, max of 6 minutes. If we keep this rolling into another challenge, then I think putting a more specific would be great. It'd be a good way to increase the difficulty and improving skill set.

Not to mention I usually have no clue what key I'm in, I just play what sounds right and whichever notes are in my pre-made MIDI keys

Quote Originally Posted by DoomJockey View Post
    Agree with public poll. I'd have to disagree at the present time with a restrictive measure such as key. Perhaps a time limit, minimum of 3 minutes, max of 6 minutes. If we keep this rolling into another challenge, then I think putting a more specific would be great. It'd be a good way to increase the difficulty and improving skill set.

Not to mention I usually have no clue what key I'm in, I just play what sounds right and whichever notes are in my pre-made MIDI keys
    Oh key is rather important to get everything to professional finished degree, but I definitely understand tho, it is a tricky thing and really dont have it fluidly grasped yet.

A length restriction isn't bad.

Ok, so if everybody is on board, you can pick any 48 hour period within the time given to give it a whirl:

1. Time starts at 0001 EST Friday 01/29, End time is 2359 EST Monday 2/1
    2. Minimum track time of 3:00 (all audio, doesn't include plugin/verb fade out), maximum of 6:00.
    3. You can pick any 48 hour time period to work on your track. Honesty policy here.
    4. The track MUST BE BRAND NEW!! No remixes, no edits, no mashups. Original mixes ONLY, and starting from absolute scratch.
    5. Any genre allowed that you're comfortable with; Judging will be a poll by our peers, so consider this if you're making something all artsy fartsy
    6. Track must be submitted to soundcloud by midnight on Monday 02/01, can be private or public link. We'll determine where to submit them for the poll later on.
    7. If you don't finish, submit what you've got anyways! This is for fun and for improvement.

Competitors are: Rek_Aviles, Kevin James, banedox, L3VER MUSIK and DoomJockey

Everything look good there? Any last requests?
    Last edited by DoomJockey; 01-29-2016 at 04:07 PM.

Sounds good DoomJockey.

So I was wondering so what are peoples experience who are participating?

Ok so I guess I get going on this tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin James View Post
    Ok so I guess I get going on this tonight.
    Welp i forgot my system was in turmoil just reinstalled windows 10.... my bootloaders shit the bed.... so base FL studio it is!

i hope this is still a thing i would be way down