Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trance and Dubstep....

Quote Originally Posted by Sedna View Post
    [video=youtube;b8ypP_-ICRk]

The real trance is returning. Just you wait.
    I wasnt really counting psy in this discussion mate. That seems to have a life of its own, but some good tracks anyway. Gonna go check some BIN releases out right now.
    Kit: Ableton Suite 8, Traktor Pro 2, KRK RP8, KRK KNS 6400, PC, Allen and Heath Xone 4D, Mashcine, other random midi devices.
    Genres: Music (mostly trance)

[video=youtube;b8ypP_-ICRk]

Double post.
    Kit: Ableton Suite 8, Traktor Pro 2, KRK RP8, KRK KNS 6400, PC, Allen and Heath Xone 4D, Mashcine, other random midi devices.
    Genres: Music (mostly trance)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Porter View Post
    I wasnt really counting psy in this discussion mate. That seems to have a life of its own, but some good tracks anyway. Gonna go check some BIN releases out right now.
    VuuV Festival Celebration walks the fine line between psy and trance. Today, people are quick to label it psy because look at the "trance" market it's compared to. However, I honestly think if it had been released 10 years ago it would have been labeled trance instead.
    DJF Trance Champion 2012
    Sedna - DJ & Producer
    <-- Click it
    Do you believe in a God that tells you lies, or do you believe in me?

And songs like these have been shooting up everywhere, ESPECIALLY end of 2011/beginning of 2012...

That's all psy trance.....and that never went away.

Quote Originally Posted by djshire View Post
    That's all psy trance.....and that never went away.
    Today there is lots of trance that is labeled as psy-trance because the name of trance has been sold to the commercial electro and trouse cheese you hear from the "top" DJs every day. Real trance is making its comeback, and the songs I posted are good examples. These tracks are a cross between progressive psy and normal trance, but if you think about it 10-15 years ago this type of music wasn't considered psy-trance, it was just trance.

I personally don't consider any of the tracks above to be psytrance at all, save for the Burn in Noise song. Oliver Prime is dark progressive trance, J00F releases a psy track from time to time, but for the most part plays trance (1440 Minutes I would say is entirely trance with zero psy). Ovnimoon and Cosmithex both have their "psy" influence, but I think they lean more toward the trance side as well.
    DJF Trance Champion 2012
    Sedna - DJ & Producer
    <-- Click it
    Do you believe in a God that tells you lies, or do you believe in me?

I've heard this stuff referred to as complextro.
    I like it but it's not trance. Sounds more like a blend of progressive house, electro, dirty Dutch and dubstep.

Personally, I like the fact that some dubstep is melodic and trancy, so I kept producing remixes towards that idea.

Check out my Official Website at www.priyonjoni.com
    Voted 2014 Best DJ in Des Moines, Iowa in CityView Magazine's Best of Des Moines

Totally agree with Sedna. I would say most people are brainwashed into thinking the cheese that Armin plays constantly is proper trance, which I dont think it is.

Alot of trance from non-comerical producers just gets lumped under the psy-trance label because of it being more underground.

Quote Originally Posted by Pri yon Joni View Post
    Personally, I like the fact that some dubstep is melodic and trancy, so I kept producing remixes towards that idea.

Ferry Corstens remix was much better

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Nutty View Post
    Totally agree with Sedna. I would say most people are brainwashed into thinking the cheese that Armin plays constantly is proper trance, which I dont think it is.

Alot of trance from non-comerical producers just gets lumped under the psy-trance label because of it being more underground.
    Are you saying that armins stuff isn't trance or that it's not what you think true trance is.

What I mean is I believe that the stuff he plays is trance and the trance I like but that doesn't necessarily mean it's the only form of of the genre. And by that I'm not trying to differentiate it into another sub genre.

Ah hell, that doesn't sound anything like the point I'm trying to get across.

Basically they're both trance (slow and cheesey and hard n fast) but not sub genres of.