Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bassboss ssp118

Quote Originally Posted by Dj Onyx View Post
    Not really, the sub has a boost for punch.
    Pics of the control panel please..........

Thanks. As i thought speakerpower amp plates being used on the subs. Good shit right there, made in California I think. I think they use powersoft plates on top boxes. OEM'd to Bassboss specs. So what are your early impressions?

http://www.speakerpower.net/sp1-mono-models.html

Ran this single sub at full tilt last night, my brother and I are surprised on how this single sub shaking the room. That low frequency I usually hear on the Vertec 4880, now can be achieved in smaller package. I can't wait to get both subs running side by side. Initial sound check was great, the staff has informed me that they can hear the system on the lobby that is 200+feet away then some walls. It put a smile on my face when they said that the system sounded good! Before we pack up I just have the sub bumping by it self and the staff are just amazed talking about the bass they have heard. Lol! So everything went well and much better than I expected. David Lee called me personally last Thursday, asking about the subs. We talked about technical stuff and I have requested if he can add a reverse polarity on the amp plate. I found that very useful on a room with odd dimension and as well when I need to use the wall as my last resort. It can also be used if my system gets big again to do cardioid set up. BassBoss will support you to modify thier product based on your requirement. So I'll send the amplate back early next year to implement that option.

Used the sub for the second time, still using one and this beast will just keep pounding. It sounds like it's indestructible, I never worry about hitting the limiter because there is no LED for it. This is a good value for rental, feed everything you can and it will deliver without anything to worry about.

I have finally used both subs last night without coupling, one sub per side. BASSBOSS is a killer sub not even close to those SRX 828. Totally different level, even my buddy that has the SRX 828 was in for a surprise. Shook the whole place and sounded like a club, hotel managers are amazed how these system sounded. They have never heard such thing in their banquet hall like this, as the manager was asking what type of speakers I have? We just kept pounding the bass and we can hear it from the outside of the Hotel building. Not trying hype things here, but it's just amazing. So if you are looking for sub look no further! SSP118 will put that grin in your face. It's worth every penny that I have spend and very satisfied with the end results.

I have finally used both subs last night without coupling, one sub per side. BASSBOSS is a killer sub not even close to those SRX 828. Totally different level, even my buddy that has the SRX 828 was in for a surprise. Shook the whole place and sounded like a club, hotel managers are amazed how these system sounded. They have never heard such thing in their banquet hall like this, as the manager was asking what type of speakers I have? We just kept pounding the bass and we can hear it from the outside of the Hotel building. Not trying hype things here, but it's just amazing. So if you are looking for sub look no further! SSP118 will put that grin in your face. It's worth every penny that I have spend and very satisfied with the end results.
    SSP118 Powered Subwoofer
    $2,695.00

JBL SRX828SP Powered Subwoofer
    $1,999.99

I guess it's like anything else, the more you pay, the more you get.

Yup, that pretty much applies to quality gear! Atleast I'm satisfied with just two subs which I normally bring four JBL SRX718s a year ago. You want premium bass in small package this is the way to go. Even with one sub is already overkill on my Dj events. It's better to have more than being short on bass. QSC KW181 are out, any takers? Lol!

Yup, that pretty much applies to quality gear! Atleast I'm satisfied with just two subs which I normally bring four JBL SRX718s a year ago. You want premium bass in small package this is the way to go. Even with one sub is already overkill on my Dj events. It's better to have more than being short on bass. QSC KW181 are out, any takers? Lol!
    I think that it's great that you found those. I never even knew about BassBoss. I don't yet have the need for that much sound, but when I do, I think that I'm going to grab a pair of those. Enjoy and keep the reports coming!

I actually spoke to David Lee... nice dude! He explained how he ran his frequency response tests and he even offered to freight one of my Danley TH-118's to his facility for a test. I don't think his mighty SSP118 would meet that challenge but they are definitely a sub I'd strongly consider for a powered one-stop 18" solution. Like the TH-118, the SSP18 also uses top-notch B&C drivers and their amps are by Speakerpower.

Keep posting your experiences Onyx. Although I like the SRX800 series, I'd circumvent their SRX818P (easily) for a pair of these. We'll see how the SSP118 stands up against the SRX828 when they run those tests.
    Raising the bar...
    http://www.channelliveproductions.com/
    Atlanta DJs / Wedding DJs / Prom DJs ...and more