Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bassboss ssp118

Basically, it puts the QSC sub to shame all the way up to about 70Hz. At 40Hz, it's more than twice as loud!
    Raising the bar...
    http://www.channelliveproductions.com/
    Atlanta DJs / Wedding DJs / Prom DJs ...and more

Quote Originally Posted by GaFFLe View Post
    So what if BB averages 5dB SPL louder from 30Hz - 50Hz but 2dB lower from 50Hz - 90Hz than the SRX828? What would be your move?
    Would most likely pickup the bassboss. I think i read somewhere that it takes 2-3 kw181's to keep up with the ssp118.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmorider View Post
    Would most likely pickup the bassboss. I think i read somewhere that it takes 2-3 kw181's to keep up with the ssp118.
    Man just got some bad news today about these working out for me. No Hi-pass output. They only pass thru full signal. As you guys know my 745's have no on-board crossover, so I would need to bring my mini-drive, or omnidrive. That's exactly what I'm trying to get away from, additional equipment.

Whoa one sub can keep up with 4 KLA12

Quote Originally Posted by Desmorider View Post
    I think i read somewhere that it takes 2-3 kw181's to keep up with the ssp118.
    Based on the charts.. a pair of KW181 beats a single SSP118 from around 55Hz up. Below that, the SSP118 beats the pair of KW181's.. more and more as you go lower.
    So basically, if you have got tops that need to be crossed at 100Hz, the 118 isn't really the right sub.. it is clearly designed to go with larger 15 inch and dual 15 tops that cross lower. If you have got 12 inch tops you are better off with the pair of KW181 (at around the same price as the single 118).. and no you won't go as low but them's the breaks.

Tops are crossed over at 100 Hz and the sub is at 80Hz that will avoid lobes in between.

Quote Originally Posted by Dj Onyx View Post
    Tops are crossed over at 100 Hz and the sub is at 80Hz that will avoid lobes in between.
    That's like amputating a foot to avoid getting an ingrown toenail.

Measurement looks fine to me.

I can't imagine how.. when you have got two speakers with poor capability at 80-90Hz, and then you further reduce their relative output in that range, it seems likely that you'll have a dip in response there... Sure, if you have them time aligned correctly and they are stacked, you'll also have coupling gain. If they aren't.. you won't. But either way, an asymmetry of that magnitude is probably a bit much, and it doesn't change the fact that the max SPL is just severely limited in that range.. which is vitally important for a clean kick sound. I guess if you're mainly into gangsta rap which doesn't have much kick it's not an issue.

Not really, the sub has a boost for punch.