Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bassboss ssp118

Bassboss ssp118

I have finally received my Christmas gift!!!

Dollies for the Subs

SSP118 Brand New in Boxes

Showing off some feet

Bad boys are out of their cage

Front view

Rear end view

Side by side with KW181
    Last edited by Dj Onyx; 12-09-2015 at 09:33 PM.

I have tried them on low level. The Boss just killed my QSC and I can hear that this is better than JBL SRX818sp. Taking cover ��. I know because we get sponsored by JBL on some of our festivals. Hehe!

Damn bro, I'm happy for you. Can you get us a close up of the 4 knobs on the back of the subs. I got bassboss to do a side by side with the jbl srx828sp. They ordered one, and said the testing should be completed next week. They seem to have killer customer service, and are very accomo******. Keep us posted. How many kw-181's do you have?

Looks like a real monster! Glad you finally got them. I wish that the SRX had a PowerCon.

Looks beastly! They are very accommo****** by testing their product head-to-head with any comers. Having more like this out in the wild will only build their popularity. I like seeing that Made in USA on the box too.

Do they have grill foam options so one cannot see the driver?

Raising the bar...
    http://www.channelliveproductions.com/
    Atlanta DJs / Wedding DJs / Prom DJs ...and more

Quote Originally Posted by Desmorider View Post
    Damn bro, I'm happy for you. Can you get us a close up of the 4 knobs on the back of the subs. I got bassboss to do a side by side with the jbl srx828sp. They ordered one, and said the testing should be completed next week. They seem to have killer customer service, and are very accomo******. Keep us posted. How many kw-181's do you have?
    I'll snap some pictures later this afternoon. Customer service is top notch, Lian is pretty good in handling all of the non technical issues. Then David and the rest of the tech are there to support you on any problems with the unit. I do have a pair of QSC KW181 at hand. It will take atleast 3 or 4 just to go against the boss. Unfortunately there no way I can have this beast blasting, may be a shootout around LA area if anyone is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by GaFFLe View Post
    Looks beastly! They are very accommo****** by testing their product head-to-head with any comers. Having more like this out in the wild will only build their popularity. I like seeing that Made in USA on the box too.

Do they have grill foam options so one cannot see the driver?
    I'm pretty sure they can provide a foam on that grill if you request it. Yeah, Made in USA is the first thing I noticed when these bad boys arrived. Glad to support an American made products. These boxes have the actual rating on them. It's like Lexus VS BMW! Beemer always have a conservative specs vs Lexus which have a higher specs on paper. You just have to try it to believe it...

I think we all agreed that they sound great and get low but the real question we're all waiting to figure out is do they really get as loud as advertised ?
    Tech1200s & 1210 pioneer cdj1000, DDJ-sx2,vci-300, serato itch ssl sdj, rane sl1 57 62, RCF-745's qsc k12 jbl-vrx918sp, JBL-VRX932LAP, DriveRack-PA2, Macbook pro+windows 7, Macbook Air Ipad,benQ-mx620st Projector,JBL-VRXhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFAQ0GZu_P8

Quote Originally Posted by Paris McBryde View Post
    I think we all agreed that they sound great and get low but the real question we're all waiting to figure out is do they really get as loud as advertised ?
    I don't have to proper tool to measure the maximum SPL, but from what I'm hearing it should be able to deliver what's specified. I'll leave that part to the expert on measuring device, like smaart or LMS.

Quote Originally Posted by Paris McBryde View Post
    I'm inclined to believe those graphs considering they (may) have measured them all head-to-head. Most other manufacturers don't have the balls to go that route and direct compare their product to another. Maybe that's not common practice for a reason but I like that BassBoss did it. :-)
    Raising the bar...
    http://www.channelliveproductions.com/
    Atlanta DJs / Wedding DJs / Prom DJs ...and more