Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DO you have a favorite Essential Mix?

DO you have a favorite Essential Mix?

Listening to Black Coffee from S. Africa now. Proper house music! They've been on a roll lately. Macheo Plex, Dave Clark, Booka Shade, Eats Everything, etc. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006wkfp

If I had all the essential mixes, I wouldn't need a music collection (they put tracklsts up)
    Last edited by Dizzle; 11-23-2015 at 07:38 PM.

bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

i love loads of DJs in dance music and have enjoyed essential mixes of all Genres (even Lisa Lashes breaks into hard house one)

but for me there is only one essential mix that can be labelled the best

Click here for mobile viewing.

none of the others have pushed musical boundaries like this one with the mixing skill that has been displayed here, absolutely unreal tracklist and i reckon any dance fan over 30 will relate to at least some part of this mix

Massive shout to the Audio Bullys mixes too, they were pretty special "Gimme those Pistols, gimme those Clash"
    Last edited by DJ STU-C; 11-21-2015 at 06:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    It's only because features like auto-sync have opened the doors for a bunch of lazy cunts to buy some gear and think they're a DJ a week later that we go round and round in circles with this same topic.

Not sure which particular one, but even though I'm a house and techno fan, it would have to be any of the Coldcut ones.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Diizzle View Post
    Listening to Black Coffee from S. Africa now. Proper house music! They've been on a roll lately. Macheo Plex, Dave Clark, Booka Shade, Eats Everything, etc. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006wkfp

If I had a chance to get [url=http://www link removed/]Testogen /url] here, I wouldn't need a music collection (they put tracklsts up)
    That's a good one DJ Stu-C any more like this on Spotify or Youtube.
    Last edited by Manu; 09-27-2021 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Spammer banned, link removed

Here's my favourite Coldcut one, but it's a 'Journeys by DJ' not an 'Essential mix'.

Essential Mix 1997-09-14 - Lisa Loud and Pete Tong, Live from The Escape Club, Swansea

Still got the tape of this, I was 15 and a couple of months before I got my first decks I was listening to it in bed while taping it. Usually fell asleep during it but this was one of the rare live from a club mixes, the energy throughout just blew me away! Must have listened to it a hundred times, even now it makes me just want to go out on a mad one!
    * Follow me on Twitter * My latest mixes on Soundcloud / Hear This * All downloads on Hulkshare *
    andymunro.blogspot.co.uk for my tracklistings and links to my 320k mp3 downloads

The Twelves from 2008 is mine.
    PROFESSIONAL UNEMPLOYED DJ
    ------------------------------------------------------
    PATREON

My favourite is Soulwax:

with The Brookes Brothers a close 2nd:

Beardyman's is on a whole nother level!:

The Disclosure Essential Mix & Ten Walls Essential Mix are my favorite ones
    Confidence, and hard work is the key to success in anything. Lost track of battle record
    http://www.soundcloud.com/djarmanicee