Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Beatmatching

Beatmatching

I can beatmatch by ear but I cannot beatmatch in time without a cue button. Any suggestions? When I make the transition to vinyl I run into errors because cueing the record takes time in itself. The cue button makes life so much easier I want to be comfortable of djing in all forms. When I have my dicers all is good.
    Last edited by EXM; 11-18-2015 at 12:51 PM.

You need to practice the cue of the vinyl. Practice rubbing the beat back and forth in the head phones in time with the beat playing. do this for hours. Then practice releasing the beat so that it's actually in time with the beat playing, quickly grab it pull it back, repeat, do this for hours, eventually it will become second nature releasing the beat at the exact right time. The rest, pitch bending is pretty similar to CD, shouldn't be a problem. Although high torque motors tend to pull the record back to where it was when you bend it, low torque motors tend to fly off with the slightest push.

You'll also pick up how to correct for a bad cue before adjusting for speed, just like how you do with CD.

/...................
    Last edited by ImNoDJNo; 11-22-2015 at 08:56 PM.

No doubt I can tell where I should cue. Lol. I taught myself how to beat match with the cue button. It takes me like the entire amount of a track to cue without the button, sometimes I have to drop it in on the one. I taught myself by cueing the one listening to the phrase > matching the beats > fine afjustments while track is playing. Vinyl Does not work like this. Ha.

When it's on I know it's on its difficult when I do not pay attention to the bpm before beatmatching if I know the Bpm ahead of time it helps some say you can beatmatch by solely riding the pitch when in range.

The idea when djing on vinyl is to drop both records at the same time match the tape markers and fine tune by ear? This seems the fastest way in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJNo View Post
    You should probably stop calling what you do beatmatching as it will embarrass you eventually.

What you are doing is similar but much simpler than beatmatching. You are just matching numbers with a slider and then hitting a button in time (probably with quantise on). This is a simple thing you can teach someone in half an hour. Beatmatching takes weeks to get down.

If I ask if you can beatmatch, then I expect you to be able to mix into my last track without seeing a BPM readout, and just using your ears.
    Exactly dude I cover my screen all the time and match with my cue buttons it may be easier but it's still beatmatching regardless.