Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: faking it is easier than being legitimate.

Quote Originally Posted by Windows 95 View Post
    I doubt it.
    More likely they visualize something. It's a party with their classmates, or maybe a school dance.
    Yeah, I never visualised thousands of people. We just liked music and playing with equipment. Looking at all the pictures in the back of DJ mag. No desire of mainstage, still don't. I much prefer to be more involved, smaller environments. For me a DJ shouldn't be main focus.

Neither did I back in the 90s but my school mates learning to play electric guitars did. If anything I was visualizing a few hundred people in a dark room with the odd laser. Maybe the DJ controller has become this teenage generations guitar and they do, the EDM DJ is the new rockstar!
    * Follow me on Twitter * My latest mixes on Soundcloud / Hear This * All downloads on Hulkshare *
    andymunro.blogspot.co.uk for my tracklistings and links to my 320k mp3 downloads

Quote Originally Posted by andymunro View Post

I think that last paragraph echoes a few posters thoughts on here.
    I think the paragraph about production is bullshit. There are so many people playing big gigs because they produced one popular track and yet they have no idea how to actually play a set. Sad times.
    www.londontechnoblog.com / www.soundcloud.com/adam-bloy #TeamIdiot
    Cpl. Josh Ray Person:
    "There are layers of retardation people don't even know about"

Quote Originally Posted by andymunro View Post
    the EDM DJ is the new rockstar!
    That is pretty much nail on the head.
    www.londontechnoblog.com / www.soundcloud.com/adam-bloy #TeamIdiot
    Cpl. Josh Ray Person:
    "There are layers of retardation people don't even know about"

Quote Originally Posted by Adzm00 View Post
    I think the paragraph about production is bullshit. There are so many people playing big gigs because their ghost producer produced one popular track and yet they have no idea how to actually play a set. Sad times.
    Fixed that for ya.

As several peep said in different ways already.. this shit has been going on since the beginning of time.. beginning of the modern record industry anyway... The more you get into music that is popular and there is money to be made, the more you get this shit.

In the underground genres you have sometimes a few legit success stories but even moderately successful producers aren't making huge bucks. And tons of good producers make squat. So yea, paying for a track or two would do nothing for you. In my primary genre.. psytrance.. having one great track would get you a chance and that's about it. In psy, you'd soon be called out as a fraud if you try to call other people's tracks your own.. it's too small a world and everyone who matters would soon know.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by light-o-matic View Post
    As several peep said in different ways already.. this shit has been going on since the beginning of time.. beginning of the modern record industry anyway... The more you get into music that is popular and there is money to be made, the more you get this shit.

In the underground genres you have sometimes a few legit success stories but even moderately successful producers aren't making huge bucks. And tons of good producers make squat. So yea, paying for a track or two would do nothing for you. In my primary genre.. psytrance.. having one great track would get you a chance and that's about it. In psy, you'd soon be called out as a fraud if you try to call other people's tracks your own.. it's too small a world and everyone who matters would soon know.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    Agreed. A big release in a more underground genre might build some buzz and get you some bookings, but if you can't follow up with anything interesting, or you end up being dog shit as a DJ, people would probably see through it pretty quickly.