Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Check out my website

Quote Originally Posted by Rek_Aviles View Post
    Puregroove gave some great points above, the site is not that great and very slow.

Do you have any budget to at least buy a domain? You'd be better off using Wordpress tied to your .com name.
    This pretty much sums it up (something to lift the mood)

On a serious note, I used to have a personal domain under an ISP but it's out of service.

@efinque - ever get you site up and running?

Quote Originally Posted by Rek_Aviles View Post
    @efinque - ever get you site up and running?
    Yes I did. On a side note, I nowadays do voluntary translation work from english to finnish for Wix (ie. the editor and the apps) since they were looking for volunteers and I happened to write a magna cum laude approbatur (=approved/accepted with great praise) in English matriculation exam.

EDIT : edited for clarification

I just picked up a HTML5 handbook from the library to pass the long winter.. I used to do some html back in the day. The background is made in Blender and retouched & cropped in PS.

What do you think?

EDIT : I read that it's possible to implement .x3d files in HTML5 (there's also way to export Python code from Blender).. however this page is made in Kompozer using HTML4.01 Transitional which doesn't support the technology (I just upgraded from NVU)

Looks pretty good. A lot going on. Kind of hard to know where to look for info. Also, I would not have music automatically played when they arrive on your site. For your content box to the left, you should make the background solid white to let the content be a focal point.

Good work.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Applicable View Post
    Looks pretty good. A lot going on. Kind of hard to know where to look for info. Also, I would not have music automatically played when they arrive on your site. For your content box to the left, you should make the background solid white to let the content be a focal point.

Good work.
    Thanks... I've been thinking of modifying/simplifying the wix site.

I've also been goofing with Linux and Apache HTTP (I've been reading a Linux handbook) but it would require a dedicated computer/server to run the website..

What's the track on your site? Is it for Halloween? It seems very ambient and not something you'd want on a DJ site.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Quote Originally Posted by KLH View Post
    What's the track on your site? Is it for Halloween? It seems very ambient and not something you'd want on a DJ site.
    It's a soundscape for an art exhibition I did in summer 2016.. it was never used due to technical limitations so I put it up in my spacey showcasing website.

EDIT : But you do have a point though.