Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Serato vs Traktor Pro 2 vs Traktor Scratch Pro 2

Basically, you can get Traktor Scratch A6 for $339 new. Or if you're interested in SSL, then you could get a used SL-1 for $300 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew B View Post
    Basically, you can get Traktor Scratch A6 for $339 new. Or if you're interested in SSL, then you could get a used SL-1 for $300 or so.
    He doesn't need the latest card though, especially if he only plans on mixing on two decks. Used Audio 4 and used Audio 8 are also options. Not like the price difference between new A6 and used SL1 are that much different anyways, but he would still have to get software.
    Equipment: CDJ 2000 Nexus, DJM 900 Nexus, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro, AiAiAi TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition.

Quote Originally Posted by DJNR View Post
    He doesn't need the latest card though, especially if he only plans on mixing on two decks. Used Audio 4 and used Audio 8 are also options. Not like the price difference between new A6 and used SL1 are that much different anyways, but he would still have to get software.
    Maybe Serato is for old people... that NI shit seems so convoluted.

Thanks guys... still seems like a toss-up. In terms of use/feel, do you guys prefer one over the other?
    DJM-850 | Technics 1210 M5G x 2 | CDJ-900 x 2 | RCF 312A MKIII x 2 - Soundcloud
    1-v-1 Battle Record: 1-0 / 1-v-1-v-1 Battle Record: 0-1

I've literally repped all of you recently, except MeowMix (+rep), but I totally appreciate it guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish_Fox View Post
    Maybe Serato is for old people...
    That is the stereotype after all...
    Equipment: CDJ 2000 Nexus, DJM 900 Nexus, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro, AiAiAi TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition.

Quote Originally Posted by DJNR View Post
    Traktor Scratch A6 is his cheapest option, though. Just TSP without the interface would be more than the A6, which has the full version of Traktor Scratch. He had mentioned that he was looking at new Traktor and used SSL.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish_Fox View Post
    Maybe Serato is for old people... that NI shit seems so convoluted. Thanks guys... still seems like a toss-up. In terms of use/feel, do you guys prefer one over the other?
    I strongly prefer SSL. But then again, I'm old.
    Last edited by Andrew B; 04-03-2012 at 06:15 PM.

He had mentioned that he was looking at new Traktor and used SSL.
    Was just comparing the pricing. What does TSP w/ AI run used? TBH, this is making the 57SL @ $800 look not that bad. Haha.

I'm on that end of the spectrum too.

Traktor Scratch A6 is his cheapest option, though. Just TSP without the interface would be more than the A6, which has the full version of Traktor Scratch. He had mentioned that he was looking at new Traktor and used SSL.

Traktor Scratch A6 is the cheapest way to get a good DVS running. At the moment, I also strongly prefer SSL…but I DJ in a really straightforward way. I don't think Traktor adds anything useful that Ableton doesn't do better, and SSL makes it easier to spin with Ableton without having to warp every single track you want to play.

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post

Traktor Scratch A6 is the cheapest way to get a good DVS running. At the moment, I also strongly prefer SSL…but I DJ in a really straightforward way. I don't think Traktor adds anything useful that Ableton doesn't do better, and SSL makes it easier to spin with Ableton without having to warp every single track you want to play.
    Cheers. I think, for now, integrating Ableton is still a bit off. LOL.

What do you do with Ableton & SSL?

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post

I keep seeing you post about warping, and I am a little confused by what you mean. Do you mean warp the tracks that you want to play within Ableton? Or are you referring to gridding in Traktor?