Thread: First track, looking for feedback

First track, looking for feedback

Before you press play please read.

This is my first track and I fully intend to put it out there but I'm looking for outside opinions on how it sounds, what I could perhaps do better to enhance the track. This is my first attempt at a full track and I'm pretty happy with it so far.

Thanks for your time, greatly appreciated.

First off, congrats on finishing a track! It seems like such an easy task, but it's significantly harder than it sounds. Overall I thought it was pretty good, synths worked great together, good FX and extra little sounds in there to keep it fresh.

On the improvement side, the kick seemed a little loud on the top end and it seemed like it was causing a little bit of a phase issue with some of the percussion. I'm also not listening on the best of speakers, but it did seem a little flat and could use a little more space. I'm not very familiar with this mellow type of house, but it did seem a little repetitive as well, especially in the beginning. I realize most types of house depend on the repetition, but there are ways to keep it constantly changing with the percussion without taking away from the overall sound (like adding things that only come in on the 4th or 8th bar, changing the type of hat being played, or adding in an open and a closed on every 2nd bar, etc. ).

Great job overall! Keep it up and get your 2nd and 3rd full tracks knocked out!
    Find me everywhere @youseenofilter