Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: The official ideas for DJF thread

I finished the guide tonight. Thoughts, opinions, concerns?

edit: I actually finished based on KLH's suggestions. possibly a sticky for new members? I'd like opinions before I suggest that though.
    Last edited by niarta; 06-21-2016 at 10:16 PM.

kinda touched on this here http://www.djforums.com/forums/showt...l=1#post477115

but if we make a blog kinda like DA and provide coverage at festivals and such... we could definatly see an increase in traffic we could reach out to labels and have them release through our blog etc feature some of the photographers and team members that make the festivals we see so epic really just encompass all of the scene not just bedroom dj's i would be willing to help out with content on the east coast until we get up sponsors and funds for expenses and im sure there are some other photographers/djs that are on the west coast that could help out too

food for thought
    MANU- Rule of thumb: can't get the eggs out of a pancake
    FACEBOOK | TWITTER | SOUNDCLOUD | EPK | Music Photographer! Portfolio | Photography Fanpage

What happened to Faderwave? Motorcityjam?

I really miss getting hammered and playing on motorcityjam. I'd take on a hour slot on a DJF branded online radio station. Who knows, I might not trainwreck as much.

Quote Originally Posted by monomer View Post
    What happened to Faderwave? Motorcityjam?

I really miss getting hammered and playing on motorcityjam. I'd take on a hour slot on a DJF branded online radio station. Who knows, I might not trainwreck as much.
    i feel like they died with stickam but with the new live stream on facebook you can add the djs as content creaters and stream directly off the djf fanpage food for thought
    MANU- Rule of thumb: can't get the eggs out of a pancake
    FACEBOOK | TWITTER | SOUNDCLOUD | EPK | Music Photographer! Portfolio | Photography Fanpage

Quote Originally Posted by DjBlanco View Post
    i feel like they died with stickam but with the new live stream on facebook you can add the djs as content creaters and stream directly off the djf fanpage food for thought
    It'll need to be more organized than that.

Quote Originally Posted by fueledbymusic View Post
    We need a sticky in the speaker/ amps forum:

All about QSC
    All about JBL
    All about EV
    All this is just my opinion

It seems to me, practically every day I (that's just me) open these forums. I see a new thread:
    example: QSC #1 vs QSC #2.
    example: JBL #1 vs QSC #1,
    example: EV #1 vs EV #2.
    QSC, JBL, EV seem to be the most common brands I see new threads about. Almost everyday. (that's me though)

A sticky for those brands. Like the sticky that's all about BFM tubas (The return of the BFM thread)

A sticky for "all about QSC, JBL etc" So that way we won't get a new thread practically everyday about a QSC, JBL, EV etc

Just my opinion
    Done.......
    1) Contract, Contract, Contract!

2) Join VIP & support DJF: http://www.djforums.com/forums/payments.php

Quote Originally Posted by mix4fix View Post
    Clean up OT.
    Quote Originally Posted by KLH View Post
    Care to elaborate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Interracial Tea View Post
    It's trash and full of political posts that only cause trouble. Keep it to a megathread and brand it as the "ALL YOUR SHITTY POLITICAL POSTS GO HERE" thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Usta_B_aDJ View Post
    I second this ....OT should be a fun place for people to have a laugh and bond over fun topics .... Politics has no place here as it causes division....I would like to see more UNITY

Done.....

Quote Originally Posted by andymunro View Post
    I think it's time to be ruthless and cull the mod list, there's way more listed than active members.
    Initial actions have been addressed on this. Some were removed, some new mods were added.

Radical Proposal

I would like to add my two pennies, if I may...

I know posting in the correct topic thread is important to you guys. I get it. However, maybe there's TOO MANY sub-categories??
    Perhaps amalgamating similar threads instead of distinctly separating threads may be aesthetically appealing? Especially in the MUSIC category? I believe the existing categories are adequately separated - but the music category is waayy too specific.

A couple of the topics do not have a current post.

My suggestion is to have ONE category for MUSIC and within that thread, select the genre when you post - much like in MIX SUBMISSION and using PREFIX.

This would undoubtedly transform the front page and hopefully make a sleeker, less intimi****** page where users don't have to scroll down as much.
    I hear it all the time at work: streamlining. It is the future.

Thanks.
    Unforgiving, unrelenting, unrecoverable double beats!

Once the wife and kid are asleep... the DJ awakens

I feel Reggae music is not represented clearly in the music section - I'd like a section dedicated to Reggae and all it's offshoots, as the D&B section is too new-school to put real reggae in, and the dancehall's in the hip-hop section! ;/
    Last edited by dlove; 11-20-2018 at 06:51 AM.