Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The official ideas for DJF thread

Banned
    Clean up OT.

Quote Originally Posted by mix4fix View Post
    Clean up OT.
    Care to elaborate?
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Revamping the battle forum is something I wanted to do since I took over the duties. But like Stripe and J, I am also not that involved in the community anymore so moving forward with ideas hasn't been on my priority list. I'm still alive and able to post up battles but I'll be looking for a new battle mod to take over. I realize it's been pretty quiet in there but I think with a little tweaking we can get it active again.
    http://www.djforums.com/forums/attac...2&d=1330279224
    Twitter - Soundcloud- Youtube
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonitz
    I love me some MEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by JonAvalon View Post
    Revamping the battle forum is something I wanted to do since I took over the duties. But like Stripe and J, I am also not that involved in the community anymore so moving forward with ideas hasn't been on my priority list. I'm still alive and able to post up battles but I'll be looking for a new battle mod to take over. I realize it's been pretty quiet in there but I think with a little tweaking we can get it active again.
    I can say for 100% Sure that the battle forum needs more activity ... Both in actual battles and others getting involved enough to take time to listen and vote .... Not sure yet how that will happen .... But a active Battle Forum could be the element needed to draw more people here and indeed make that section thrive ....I'm sure it's not just me that thinks a thriving battle forum would be a very interesting thing ?

I know i have lot's of opinion about it i would like to share ...but right now i need to go do LIFE stuff ....But i will add more later

Quote Originally Posted by Usta_B_aDJ View Post
    I can say for 100% Sure that the battle forum needs more activity ... Both in actual battles and others getting involved enough to take time to listen and vote .... Not sure yet how that will happen .... But a active Battle Forum could be the element needed to draw more people here and indeed make that section thrive ....I'm sure it's not just me that thinks a thriving battle forum would be a very interesting thing ?

I know i have lot's of opinion about it i would like to share ...but right now i need to go do LIFE stuff ....But i will add more later
    The Battle forum is the reason I joined DJF back in 03 and it was live back then.

Getting members to listen and comment on the battles is up the the members themselves and that's been lacking the last few yrs. There are only a handful who even visit that forum so it's been quiet on both call-outs and voting.

Maybe if we have some way of promoting the battles on the main forum when a thread is posted - and I don't mean a thread with a re-direct link. More like an announcement when a battle is open for voting.

Quote Originally Posted by Rek_Aviles View Post
    The Battle forum is the reason I joined DJF back in 03 and it was live back then.
    Ah the good old days, I can't believe we have been here since then .
    http://www.djforums.com/forums/attac...2&d=1330279224
    Twitter - Soundcloud- Youtube
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonitz
    I love me some MEAT!

Thanks for posting the last few posts. Thats the kind of things we are looking for... something to improve & regenerate life back into DJF. Personally, as most of you know, I am primarily a wedding DJ & not a club DJ at all. So, I don't really mix, so its not something I know a lot about. I think Ken would be of more help on that subject but its guys like you that really get in there, create & push the battles that will generate the interest for the others.

I'll do what I can to help you guys with the forum end of it in any way I can.

Again, we really appreciate the interest & feedback.
    1) Contract, Contract, Contract!

2) Join VIP & support DJF: http://www.djforums.com/forums/payments.php

I was actually thinking about this the other day and didn't know this thread was here. I was just going to PM you guys, hah.

I think my idea of what DJF should be is an open place to discuss all things DJing. I want to see different types of DJs post here (wedding, club, bedroom, etc.) and help each other out because right now I feel like DJF consists of people who don't DJ regularly offering bad advice to people who want to learn.

I think the biggest thing is that there needs to be stricter mods. Some of these users should have been banned a long ass time ago because they contributed absolutely nothing to the conversation. They'd just talk shit about other users when they themselves offer nothing to the forum. It's part of the reason why the music forums (especially the Hip Hop forum) are dead. You weren't allowed to talk about most stuff happening in Hip Hop unless it happened to be about some underground rapper that not many people know about. You couldn't talk about anything popular because this entire website has the mindset that you're not allowed to like anything popular, no matter how good it may be. Lastly, this is a small thing that bugged me, but over the last year I'd see threads in the wrong section. So many threads in General Discussion that should have been moved to something like the Beginners section.

Second thing I'd really like is there to be more tutorials and helpful posts on the main page dedicated to tutorials, advice to beginners, industry news, interviews, etc. We were on the right path a couple years ago but that fell apart because no one could dedicate themselves to do it. I'd love to help start this (as well as get DJF as a brand out there via social media).

Third, I think Faderwave should stop doing the live stream and should become a podcast. They should also be more open to different types of DJs and not be strictly a dance music stream. Remember back then where the only type of music that would be played on FW would be Progressive House, uplifting Trance, and whatever sub-genre of Trance? That shit sucked.

Battle Forum was cool but I do think it needs to be revamped. I don't know how since it was never my thing.

Oooh another idea I just had. I really liked this idea on the forum that I was on and for a while I was pushing J to do this. For like $5 to $10, let users change other users avatars/text (under the username where it says Member). Obviously make sure it's site appropriate but god damn you'd make so much money if there was a terrible user on the site. You could also charge like $30 to add an emoticon.

Quote Originally Posted by fueledbymusic View Post
    We need a sticky in the speaker/ amps forum:

All about QSC
    All about JBL
    All about EV
    All this is just my opinion

It seems to me, practically every day I (that's just me) open these forums. I see a new thread:
    example: QSC #1 vs QSC #2.
    example: JBL #1 vs QSC #1,
    example: EV #1 vs EV #2.
    QSC, JBL, EV seem to be the most common brands I see new threads about. Almost everyday. (that's me though)

A sticky for those brands. Like the sticky that's all about BFM tubas (The return of the BFM thread)

A sticky for "all about QSC, JBL etc" So that way we won't get a new thread practically everyday about a QSC, JBL, EV etc

Just my opinion
    One of the forums I frequent is huge on the mega threads so there's a lot of mega threads for specific things. For example in their politics section they'll have a thread strictly for US politics, another thread for Canadian politics, etc. Their production forum has threads dedicated to beginners, Ableton, Hip Hop production, Dance music production, and so on. It works really well on that forum, keeps the site pretty clean, and could work for the lighting and speaker sections as long as there is a general thread for asking general questions.

Quote Originally Posted by KLH View Post
    Care to elaborate?
    Quote Originally Posted by mix4fix View Post
    Clean up OT.
    It's trash and full of political posts that only cause trouble. Keep it to a megathread and brand it as the "ALL YOUR SHITTY POLITICAL POSTS GO HERE" thread
    Last edited by Interracial Tea; 02-02-2016 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Interracial Tea View Post

It's trash and full of political posts that only cause trouble. Keep it to a megathread and brand it as the "ALL YOUR SHITTY POLITICAL POSTS GO HERE" thread
    I second this ....OT should be a fun place for people to have a laugh and bond over fun topics .... Politics has no place here as it causes division....I would like to see more UNITY

Great feedback guys. Keep it up.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...