Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The official ideas for DJF thread

The official ideas for DJF thread

Here it is, everyone. This is the official thread for ideas for DJF. That means new ideas, improvements to what exists, or removing categories or policies... it's all on the table for discussion. So bring it DJF. Let's get this place where it needs to be.

Bring it.

Summarized ideas:

1. Create a better front page
    2. Focus on cultivating and keeping members
    3. Better (ahem) moderation
    4. Improve social features
    Last edited by KLH; 10-26-2015 at 07:11 AM.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

News needs to be news

Last article submitted: by Andrew B Published on 01-30-2014 11:01 PM

It surely puts potential new users off signing up on the forum.
    * Follow me on Twitter * My latest mixes on Soundcloud / Hear This * All downloads on Hulkshare *
    andymunro.blogspot.co.uk for my tracklistings and links to my 320k mp3 downloads

Ahem... Yeah.

... keep 'em coming!
    -KLH
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

The site has been quiet for a good few years now. I'm sure it has been discussed at length.
    There are admins and moderators that rarely visit the site and even rarer, post threads.
    Everyone is guilty, but at some point decisions have to be made.
    Getting regular posters, or fans of genre to do some more curation could help.
    Or it can continue as it is, so be it. It is what it is.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

Hammer down harder on the EDM bashers. Most younger people that join here are into EDM but get put down quickly and don't return. I survived because I never liked EDM when I joined lol.

We could also definately do with this and an update with the soundcloud embedded widget. The one on here is so outdated!
    Last edited by Baller95; 10-25-2015 at 08:04 AM.

New articles definitely, most recent: Published on 09-30-2003 03:42 PM

I can imagine 99% of potential new users didn't know what DJing was back then!

REVIEWS RSS Feed

There is no content in this section
    So basically just content for the front pages would be great, because other than the forum the rest of the site is actually redundant.
    Last edited by andymunro; 10-25-2015 at 04:35 PM.
    * Follow me on Twitter * My latest mixes on Soundcloud / Hear This * All downloads on Hulkshare *
    andymunro.blogspot.co.uk for my tracklistings and links to my 320k mp3 downloads

Is there anything possibly in the works going on behind the scenes?

There are always rumors...
    -KLH

My opinion for ideas is to make:
    "Sticky" strictly for major serious DJ, 5000 people venues.
    "sticky" for medium level, like school or proms.
    "sticky" for strictly the average small party DJs. YES, I DO KNOW, there is a beginners thread. And budget appreciation thread. So NO NEED for stickies here,

So a sticky ONLY for DJs who are dead SERIOUS about DJing "Major DJ who do 5000 people business DJs". Own equipment costing SERIOUS money. Since they know all about what it takes to do 5000 people. That way, the serious DJ can just STAY there. And not recommend ridiculously priced equipment to small party DJs without realizing they only want to DJ in their room or just simply beginning.

And a sticky for the "medium business DJs. Has a small one person business so to speak. School or prom, business party holiday etc. And knows alot about the good equipment that is NOT ridiculously priced for the school or business parties he mostly does.

It's because it gets confusing for a typical someone, especially when they are new. When the SERIOUS DJs recommends a typical small party new DJs $15000 equipment. When they only need a pair of EV 12Ps, Numark N7 and a couple of lights

That's just me.
    Last edited by fueledbymusic; 12-28-2015 at 02:17 PM.
    I am not a professional DJ. It's a backyard hobby I love! In the garage. Numark ndx-500, American Audio 10 mxr , 4 BFM tuba 24s, EV ZLX 12p's, Truss full of lights. I STILL have all my equipment as of January 2023!

^ Good ideas in there. Thanks!
    -KLH