Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KEEP ON JACKIN! - jackin house track wip

Yeah, it's better to do a good or more than good mixdown and hand it to a professional than to try and do a diy master without proper equipment and knowledge. Gonna PM the list now.

I'm more than likely gonna have to chop up or alter the Vocal hook due to copyrights.... I'm going to work on it both ways, one with the vocal intact, the other chopped/filtered etc.
    I've heard TONS of Jackin' house tracks that sample rap/ hip hop artists, They're usually sped up or tweaked though... On another note, the track is coming along GREAT!
    I have just a little bit to go!
    (((DJF member since 06')))

don't know if your still looking - but these guys are legit

https://thefatmastering.com/
    take a listen and enjoy ** www.soundcloud.com/l3ver-musik**
    INSTA ** L3VERMUSIK **

Do you have anything that's been mastered by them? If so I'd like to give a listen. Thanks for the tip.

About to have this one mastered. I cleaned it up, gave the sounds their own space. I'm FINALLY very happy with where it's at. I may tweak a few tiny things. But let's call this bi-otch done!!

Sounds great - never came across this one when you first posted. Lots going on here.

Did you end up using "thefatmastering" company to master the tracks youre up******? They sound clean; nice job.

THANK YOU! I appreciate it, seriously. I haven't sent these out for mastering just yet. I sat on the tracks for a while because I knew my mixing wasn't ready yet.
    I did a TON of online research and tutoring on EQ, panning, etc. I also upgraded my Monitors / headphones etc to help in hearing what I'm doing in the mix... So I'm glad you can tell a difference!
    I was looking at the fat mastering and I will be sending all of my tracks to them. I like the fact that there's an actual engineer that works with you. seems top notch.

Quote Originally Posted by Rek_Aviles View Post
    Sounds great - never came across this one when you first posted. Lots going on here.

Did you end up using "thefatmastering" company to master the tracks youre up******? They sound clean; nice job.
    Ok, so I had been looking into different places to have my tracks mastered. I was checking out E-Mastered, Landr etc... I tried Landr out... I got what I paid for. $20 for a track ran through a compressor. My original mixdown sounds much clearer and just better all the way around. When the track hits the break/build sections The highs and mids have an abrupt "ON / OFF" effect. (a filter of some type) either way. The Landr version sounds like trash. I've had better results using the presets in Izotope Ozone. Oh well, I tried it... lesson learned.

I just sent the 24bit WAV to Nick at The Fat Mastering. Looking forward to his mixdown analysis. STAY TUNED!