Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KEEP ON JACKIN! - jackin house track wip

Cool KEEP ON JACKIN! - jackin house track wip

Welp... just like the title says, a jackin' rework of Musique's (((kEEP ON JUMPIN!)))
    still gotta space her out, eq, tweak, and add those finishing touches!
    Hope you can dig!!!

Last edited by Crushgroove; 01-22-2018 at 06:43 AM.
    (((DJF member since 06')))

God damn bro!! Love all these tracks you're pumping out. Straight funky groovy shit. If you haven't sent these to labels you should be.

If flapjack was still operating I'd say it would be a perfect match.
    Big woof! Wanna fight about it?!

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy O View Post
    God damn bro!! Love all these tracks you're pumping out. Straight funky groovy shit. If you haven't sent these to labels you should be.

If flapjack was still operating I'd say it would be a perfect match.
    Man! that just makes me want to keep on producing tracks! I REALLY appreciate the feedback! I guess it's because of work, kids, etc... I get lost in it sometimes. I forget about tracks and get side tracked. I'd like to send these out to labels but I'm just not sure how to go about it... Or if I have the heart to get rejected, WHEN I KNOW I'd fuckin dance to this shit. You feel me?? I hear all this "new FUTURE shit" and I just can't get into it.... I dunno... guess I'm turning into an old bastard!

I'm open for suggestions as far as labels and what not! THANK YOU AGAIN FOR THE SUPPORT MAN! It really does mean a ton!

Awesome. Glad it helps you out and encourages you more. Thank you for making some groovy ass tracks man.

I'd def get down to this shit too! Haha

I don't know if I'm not looking in the right places, but I don't hear anyone making tracks like this lately. I miss the old flapjack, Joey Youngman, Spatula City days. Man. I fuckin love the tracks they were all releasing. Got almost every flapjack release on vinyl. Still got a couple to find to have the catalog complete as far as vinyl. Didn't really pick many of their digital releases up.

As far as labels. I can't really think of some jacking type off the top of my head. Haven't really had the funds for music for a while or time to really get into a groove to look for tracks. But, I really like some of the tracks coming out of Local Talk. They have some that have that shuffle too them. Voyage Recordings has only had 3 releases but they're all on point.

Big woof! Wanna fight about it?!

Word! Yeah, when I hit up the local spots the energy in the sets played these days are kinda dulled down, Kind of like that funky, groovin' party vibe isn't there anymore. Maybe because all these DJ's are hanging on them Nu disco/future house nutts.... which is ok, hell... I dig some of that stuff too, but I just feel it's everywhere I look now... The shuffle beat, bumpin, ghetto soul is what I feel is missing these days. Thanks for those label suggestions man! Gonna def look into them!

The main labels I can think of are:
    -Coyote Cuts (wattie green)
    -Funk mansion
    -Guest house
    -Fiasco's label... classic fiasco I think is the name
    -whatever labels The Corduroy Mavericks, scrubfish, Inland Knights, Joey Youngman, Johnny Fiasco etc are coming out on these days.

I just feel like the whole soundcloud thing is AWESOME! BUT... It's saturated with so much garbage! The amount of FAKE hyped up tracks and Bots is just insane. It's turning into GOTTA PAY TO PLAY... you feel me??

Anyways enough with the bitching! lol I'll finish up what tracks I have right now, keep them posted, but NOT FOR DOWNLOAD, maybe put a name drop here and there in each track that way if somebody tries to rip it from soundcloud it'll mess up the track! lol
    Then I'll send them off to labels and see if anybody bites!

Nice! This is where I get into! That Bassline is DOPE! Feels like needs little bit of mastering work to get that 'crisp'! I LOVE it! Good job on this one! First tune in this forum so far that in my taste!

Thank you bud! I still haven't finished this track yet, I'm reading and learning a whole lot more about mastering, eq, where on the wave spectrum to cut frequencies or pump others, to get that SHINE. I've been working 6 days a week for the past few months, hopefully I'll get a break as soon as this project winds down! SO I CAN GET BACK ON IT! Thank you again for the kind words, it's just a re-dub, the real credit goes to the original producer.

OK... Things are finally coming together. I'm going to finish this track up along with the 4 others that are almost there. Any suggestions on GOOD mastering services would be greatly appreciated!
    I WILL be sending these off to labels once mastered!

I plan on making the switch to using Abelton paired with the new Maschine that just came out...
    Anyways, Stay tuned! I hope to really get these tracks DONE by the first part of 2018!

I would try checking some of your fav newer releases / vinyl records, on Discogs it usually says where it was mastered. So if you manage to gather 5 different mastering services just contact the cheaper ones. Could PM you a small list of mastering services myself but never worked with them though.

Been trying to finish up tunes myself, and I hope I can just get some people who I 'm friends with to master it for free and they get the tune in return haha

Go ahead and PM that list if you don't mind.
    I'm gonna look around for some reputable services. I'm willing to pay for proper mastering.
    I had been messing around with izotope and I tried to master a couple times, but I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. lol I tinker around until I MYSELF think it sounds good, but when I play it back next to a professionally mastered track it sounds like garbage. lol