View Poll Results: Would you still be a DJ if vinyl/turntables were the only way?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

131 94.24%
  • Hell no!

8 5.76%
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: If DJing with vinyl and turntables was the only way to DJ today.......

Quote Originally Posted by djoc View Post
    it would be a shame tough, cause you had to spend fortune for every shitty record that they ask for that you dont like.
    Or you could just not play music you don't like.

To me its the sound and not the way its made.....so no matter how its done.....anywhich way I can........fuckin right I'ma do it

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    ......would you still be a DJ?
    Yup, I was a DJ with Vinyl and 1200's from 1988-2000 before I added CD players, then in 07 went to software. So I started with only TT's and vinyl, and wouldn't change a thing. Actually I wish that was still the only way to go, we would have less Craiglist DJ's with 400,000 stolen songs on a HDD.

Must add something to the discussion, I bought vinyl for first 6 years and still have a lot of them close to hand. I spent most of my money on them too each week. Now I use serato and I must admit I couldn't possible afford vinyl these days ,there no jobs here anymore so must make do with government payment ,if it wasnt for serato I would fall out of the scene cause ye gotta have new tracks to keep you excited.i have been using serato for 3 years now. My city has lost its 4 record stores now . Thank god for Serato !!!

online record stores are so on the ball now, you can buy any record you want from anywhere in the World. I think it's easier to get vinyl now, as we're not relying on our local store to stock stuff we want. Back in the day, I had to speak to distributors to have half a chance of getting the stuff I wanted, or travel to bigger cities, as the guys in my local store were all techno heads.