View Poll Results: bnr vs Skasja vs Johnn Drama - House Battle : Who should win?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mix 1

2 100.00%
  • Mix 2

0 0%
  • Mix 3

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bnr vs Skasja vs Johnn Drama - House Battle

bnr vs Skasja vs Johnn Drama - House Battle

(Right click to save as or click link to play in browser if your browser is able to)

Mix 1

Mix 2

Mix 3

Rules:
    30 minute sets
    Any house or sub-genres of house
    Any equipment

Skasja, I would have if I were around earlier to see. I've been so busy at work that I'm lucky to practice a few times a month. Anyway... Things are settling down, I'm managing a new location and I'm getting back to practicing...... Saying that, I'm looking forward to listening to this battle. Good luck to all the participants.
    Play music, have fun, be proud of the moment, let the beat flow through your fingertips, your passion and dedication is the language for your own success. [/B]

Good luck guys! I'll be listening to your mixes later.

Quality stuff! Good luck guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    And try stuffing a sausage down the ears of your promoter, he will probably moan like a whore.
    My Mixes Here...

I'm onto this battle,

I just listened to mix 1 and I must say that it was a quality mix. Sounded like a few effects were used to make some interesting transitions, all of it sounded great. Some tracks even sounded a little technoish but retained that housy feel.

I'm just listening to mix 2 right now....another great mix - already any decision is going to be pretty difficult.

Will update later

Well....I'm screwed. I should not have listened to any of these mixes - They are all good in their own way and I honestly can't decide on which one is better.

It's going to be between mix 1 and 2 for me.

The last track on mix 3 was kins of tacked on the end and then faded out due to time. So I was a little disappointed when I didn't hear all that track.

The last track of mix 2 was sooo good - really seemed like a peak time piece that you would drop once that dancefloor was packed. At the same time it seemed to be in the wrong place for me in a 30 min set....possibly at 20 to min 25 for me and a slightly more mellow track to close the mix out. I did notice the volume levels/gain creep up during the set.

Mix 1 seemed the most consistent and held a steady vibe for the 30min that just seemed to work for me the most.

So I'm going with mix 1

All 3 were very good and I just had a very enjoyable 90 minutes of music. There is pretty much nothing to say about mixing and track selection. All very well well executed and thought through
    Last edited by Vernski; 08-25-2015 at 08:08 PM.
    DJ Forum Trance Champion 2013/2014
    Retired

I'm starting tonight and I'm bringing back my fabulous annoying point system. 😁😄😄😁
    Play music, have fun, be proud of the moment, let the beat flow through your fingertips, your passion and dedication is the language for your own success. [/B]

bnr vs Skasja vs Johnn Drama - House Battle

Point system:

Intro = 1 point

Track selection graded 1 per track
    AHA (WOW) moments , 1 point for each time
    Flow/Feel: up to 5
    Technique/style: up to 7
    Gains: max 1 point
    Battle rules = 5
    Outro = 1 point

Mix 1

INTRO: 0

TS: 11111
    AHA:
    Flow/Feel: 1111
    TEQ/STY:111111
    Gains:1
    RULES: 5

OUTRO: 1

Comments: 1st track end loop a little too long. Very nice 1st mix thou. The third mix is spot on. Solid Trk at 22, just felt like it wasn't it's time. Over all fab mix.

TOTAL: 22

Mix 2

INTRO:

TS: 11111
    AHA:
    Flow:111
    TEQ/STY:111111
    Gains: 1

OUTRO: 0

Comments: what a cool 1st Trk. Dunno... I kinda slipped outta this one for a few.. But got back into it at 9:00. There's clear evidence of skill which is where my points go. But there's something missing here. You know what your doing but there's something off with the momentum.

Total: 20

Mix 3

INTRO:

TS: 111111
    AHA:
    Flow/Feel: 111
    TEQ/STY: 11111
    Gains:

OUTRO: 0

Comments: alright, right into head bobbin beats.. Setting a tone right from the start. Very clean mixing also. Here we goooo, that vibe is still on. Still strong.. Just wondering if gains were adjusted throughout the session. Seems like it got louder. LOVIN This Trk at 13... Trippy 16:00. Didn't like how Trk finished at 21. Vibe change. Ending killed it

Total: 19

Wow..... Very interesting everyone. Enjoyed this much.

Comfortably voting 1. 3 had great potential. #2 could have landed 1st place, but there was something missing for me.
    Last edited by diceallion; 08-25-2015 at 10:36 PM.

I can't rep either of you guys yet, but i will soon. Thanks for voting!

Cheers for voting and commenting! Rep given where I could... And if you haven't listened to these mixes yet, check 'em out and vote!
    And try stuffing a sausage down the ears of your promoter, he will probably moan like a whore.
    My Mixes Here...

I was mix one, thanks for voting Diceallion & Vernski. Thought the three of us all put up good quality mixes: I'm somewhat disappointed with the lack of interest in this battle since I know there are many DJF members who spin this type of music...
    My Mixes Here...