Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Laptop Stands

im using a $50 numark stand, very simple, takes 30 seconds for setup and breakdown

There's a crane pro and a crane standard now. The pro is adjustable and the standard isn't, so make sure you know what you need. I'm ok with it not being adjustable, so when I saw the standard was half the price of the pro I jumped on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest One View Post
    Magma & Hyperstation look pretty low to me & Crane still a better option over both?

Great Idea on tilting the Uberstand with rubber feet. With that being modified, any other probs with the Uberstand? Does it stand taller over other laptop stands?
    It's about 12" tall. I haven't had any problems with it, other than a small tear that appeared in the carry bag.
    Click here for mixes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahatma Coat View Post
    I once DJ'd to a room of 500 Shoreditch hipsters using only my rigid cock and a empty jar of Marmite

I picked up a Crane pro to replace my Uberstand after reading this thread. The Crane makes the Uberstand feel like a toy.
    I've hated the Uberstand ever since a drunk MF knocked over my laptop 2 years ago and ended the party early.

I bagged myself one of these a while back as an interim stand before taking the plunge for the more expensive crane or uberstand: http://www.maplin.co.uk/laptop-dj-stand-389152

I havent needed to upgrade, neither do I want to. This thing is solid! I have no fear for my lappy when its on this thing.

Its not terribly portable though, it doesnt fold away conveniently or anything. I wrap it round my UDG gig bag and hook it into the shoulder strap. Fits like a dream!

It looks pretty similar to that magma stand too, but I bet you its a quarter of the price!

I use the Odyssey L-Stands and the Crane Stand Pro. Both are excellent. L-Stands if you don't want to spend much. However, if you're the type who wished had bought the best, go with the Crane Stand. You'll forget you spent the $100++ on it.

I'd say grab the crane stand if ultra-portability is a big concern or if you use a 13" notebook.

Otherwise, grab one of these and never worry about a laptop stand ever again. http://store.roadreadycases.com/dyn_...RFSSS&k=224582

I'm in the same boat as you. I was looking at the Magma Control Stand because you can put the controller on it and the laptop which is great for clubs. Its designed to let your controller and laptop sit over an existing mixer so that you can easily set it up in a club situation. I also like it because you can elevate your controller so if somebody spills a drink everything is above the surface and wont get wet. The problem is that it doesn't fold up. Its designed to put in a studio or club and left there.

Magma makes a laptop riser stand that looks like the MC6000 might fit on OK if you are not a button masher. The platform is only 10"x10" and the MC6000 is 18"x10". This will serve the purpose of lifting the controller.

As far as laptop stands, Magama has a new laptop stand called Laptop Stand 2.1 which is very similar to the Odyssey LStandM but you can angle the laptop and it has extension arms that you can put a small controller like a nanopad infront of your laptop. The bad news is it isn't available in the US yet. I like the crane stand, but it seems pricey. So for me, I think I will be going with the LStandM for right now.

I've tried the Uberstand and returned it the next day. It wasn't tall enough for my cases. Plus the zip tie thing wasn't secure enough for me. I now use the L-Stand and it's taken some abuse and is still working perfectly. It takes a little time to clamp to my cases but it's sturdy a ever and can house my SL3 and 17inch MBP with ease. I have the L-Stand mobile as well and it's about the same as the L-Stand. However it's not as portable as they advertise. However I am going to get the Crane Pro. I need a tall sturdy stand that can fold flat and set up in seconds. The efficient set up time is worth the extra bucks IMO.

I first bought the Odyssey LStandM when I first started DJing, I liked the adjustable height, but after using the Crane Stand Pro, I decided to get one for myself. It fit better in my gig bag, and I love the fact that the angle is adjustable to your liking. It comes with a lifetime warranty, and if you watch the youtube vids on their site you'll see that it can take a beating. I spent like $130 for mine and it is definitely worth it.
    MacBook Pro 15" i7 quad core / Crane Stand Pro
    Technics SL-1200MK2 / Rane TTM57SL
    Novation Dicers