Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FWR is dead so where does everybody stream now?

FWR is dead so where does everybody stream now?

Faderwave Radio is dead. So where is everyone streaming from nowadays? Any recommended streaming sites that are free for video streaming? Should we resurrect FWR?
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

o_o;;;

surprised you guys dont do twitch

I thought twitch was just for games, but i'm interested to find out. I'n starting to spend a lot more time on my decks now and been considering video streaming. I just have to work out how with the things that I've got. I'd like to think i've got the right hardware, just need to suss out what software I need.
    * Follow me on Twitter * My latest mixes on Soundcloud / Hear This * All downloads on Hulkshare *
    andymunro.blogspot.co.uk for my tracklistings and links to my 320k mp3 downloads

Quote Originally Posted by andymunro View Post
    I thought twitch was just for games, but i'm interested to find out. I'n starting to spend a lot more time on my decks now and been considering video streaming. I just have to work out how with the things that I've got. I'd like to think i've got the right hardware, just need to suss out what software I need.
    Back in the day I used to do FW radio and video via a PentiumIII with a cheap webcam. So anything slightly modern is more than up to the task. Although a half decent webcam is useful, I guess there are apps to use on phones that do the same thing.
    Software wise there is nothing really required. Connect to the website that does the streaming and allow it access to your computer's audio/camera.
    I always prefered to have a computer dedicated just to streaming, and later on I had a laptop offline handling DVS. But I guess modern machines could run both.

In recent times the streaming services most in use would be youtube/facebook/twitch. But feature-wise I don't think they match up to Stickam. That was a great site for what it did, I'm surprised that other, larger sites have not caught up over 10 years on...

In order to reboot FW it would need a new generation of DJs able to cover slots. Maybe start with a Saturday/Sunday thing to get it started. But that would still need a good few DJs up for filling the slots.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

I'm ruling out using my phone or the webcam in my laptop, I do have another webcam from about 10 years ago that is rubbish so not good enough quality.

I have got an old 3MP digital camera that I want to use for the video, I don't see why I couldn't use that as a webcam, and I've got an old M audio Mobile Pre USB external soundcard. I'd only ever used that for outputs, but it does have 2 line inputs. If I can't work out how to get stereo input then mono would do.

I'd have the camera and the soundcard running into my second latpop, but I've never tried any live audio or video streaming, so that's why I was thinking I need other software to mix them together.
    * Follow me on Twitter * My latest mixes on Soundcloud / Hear This * All downloads on Hulkshare *
    andymunro.blogspot.co.uk for my tracklistings and links to my 320k mp3 downloads

I miss mixing and broadcasting. Maybe we can get another thing up. That'd be fun, I think!
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

I miss FW too.. Although there was never much of a hip hop crowd there, I enjoyed lurking, and streaming shows for background music while cleaning my apartment or editing video.

I literally just googled places to stream DJ shows and found Chew.tv I only signed up 5 minutes ago and I'm going to see about getting streaming later on today. I'll report back my experience after I get a feel for the place.
    DJF member since 2005 - PKA AssassiN and DJ Assassin
    SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE! Weekly Uploads! Marathon Training Vlogs! DJ Videos!

Faderwave <3
    My production tips thread. On my production philosophy, techniques, and concepts
    http://www.djforums.com/forums/showt...roduction-Tips

almost everything is streamed off of twitch. i was watching software programming and chain mail knitting for god sakes

someone go start ! i need to get gear back from my buddy