Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mac Veterans; Do you store your music on the Computer or in Itunes?

Quote Originally Posted by djdoublej View Post
    I'm sort of lost on what you're asking now.

In My Music in iTunes, you can click any of the fields (Artist, Album, Song Name, Year) and sort by that field. Should make it pretty easy to navigate your collection. You can also use the search bar to find what you need quickly.

Are you taking about the iTunes interface itself or the file path for saving your MP3 files?

I was talking about the iTunes interface itself, My Music is the 1st one I assumed most did there searching in. But the icons and text is so big and the space eating grouping it just seems like a unrealistic amount of scrolling. I already shrunk the artwork size to the smallest and the screen only shows about 5 songs seperated into 3 groups and one with no title and 2 different Unknown Albums. They are all tagged the same way...song name, artist and bpm only. So dont get why it shouldn't just be A-Track and a list of all his songs if all his songs are only tagged with the song name, artist and bpm...
    Last edited by Jonny Dibs; 07-09-2015 at 06:20 PM.
    Jonny Dibs l DJ/Producer
    www.soundcloud.com/jonnydibs

Fuck the artwork all together.
    Jonny Dibs l DJ/Producer
    www.soundcloud.com/jonnydibs

On the upper right counter of your iTunes where it says "Artists", click that dropdown box and change it to "Songs". That should solve your problem! Then it will display your music in text like normal.

I use either Artists or Playlists primarily, not the My Music tab you have open, simply due to the large font and graphics

Quote Originally Posted by djdoublej View Post
    On the upper right counter of your iTunes where it says "Artists", click that dropdown box and change it to "Songs". That should solve your problem! Then it will display your music in text like normal.
    this!!!!

And then you can adjust the tabs at the top by whatever you want to search your music by ie. Artist | Song | Album | BPM | Year etc......

I also have date added in those tabs so when I do add music all of them are right there in front of me.
    Last edited by akswun; 07-22-2015 at 08:10 AM.

Make sure y'all go back up to what doubleDJ said about the upgrade.... I've quit using itunes completely for now. I did only use it for buying music, but since they launched their streaming service, they've gone back to putting DRM back on their tracks - and if supposedly the issue is, if itunes gets into your music library (whether you bought them there or not) the DRM is attached to every mp3 in your library, and may cause it not to play among other devices.
    - jj -

The only time I normally use iTunes is if I accidently double click an MP3 in Finder. It opens the song to play in iTunes.

I get music from ZipDJ.com, or occasionally Amazon. The tracks are usually properly tagged, so I don't have to mess with tagging. When I get new music, I dump it in the appropriate folder using Finder.

My music is organized in folders/subfolders. Music I get in July, 2015 would be in:

New Music / 2015 / 7-2015

Once all the tracks are in the folder, I open Serato, click File button, and Analyze all the tracks in the July folder. Then just drag them to the appropriate crate(s).

I didn't like iTunes on Windows. Once I finally bought a MacBook Pro, I kept using the file management system (Finder), rather than using iTunes.