Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: pioneer plx 1000 vs stanton st150 vs reloop rp7000

pioneer plx 1000 vs stanton st150 vs reloop rp7000

Quote Originally Posted by stomp View Post
    With OEMs it's pretty close to that, yes. Not assumption, read description and comments:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uz9cY8gaGH8
    Lack of QA is the main issue but 2 of the four problems are related to the platter being wobbly. Replacing it would correct it. The movement of the platter on power up is a the nature of the high torque motor creates a stronger magnetic field. That's physics. Something that technics would never experience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by James_Henry; 02-14-2017 at 06:07 AM.

I'm still trying to figure out why does it bother guys that use technics so much that other people don't want to use them? In the earl 2000s, I'd go to the shows and see djs using the TTX or Vestax and it didn't bother me, but you have these guys talking about, "you're not a real dj if you don't have a pair of 1200s" lol. I have a pair, I just keep them plugged in for sampling because I don't want to turn on a laptop and serato every time I sample. It's like how these NY beatmakers for years talked about producers using software now some of the greatest producers of all time(Primo, Marley Marl, Beatminerz) are now using software.

Quote Originally Posted by RRL View Post
    Well I can dj with anything. I have 3 sets of turntables(cdt 05, 1200, st 150s) and I can get the job done with either of them.

That good and I'm happy that you enjoy the techs, but since I started using other turntables, I haven't gone back to the techs yet. I still keep one pugged in for listening because I don't want to turn on the laptop and serato every time I want to hear a piece of vinyl on my main setup(st 150s).

It's cool that some of you guys are loyal to the sl 1200, but please stop deceiving new buyers. Technics doesn't pay me a salary(and I'm sure they don't pay any of you) so I don't have to lie about newer turntables being inferior products. For those of you that say the techs will last a lifetime, any turntable will last a lifetime if you treat it right. I have an XL 500 I got cheap off someone as an extra stand alone back in the 90s and that thing still works perfectly. A gemini xl 500 that's received heavy use sice the 90s still works with perfect pitch and the tonearm doesn't skip when you scratch on it. Real DJs can dj with almost anything. Babu has used the vestax for years. 1200s are great turntables, but time has passed them by. What the die hard 1200 fans are failing to mention is that back in the day when we were beat juggling with 1200s, we had to turn the counterweight around to prevent skipping. Turntables now are made now in that you don't have to do that. I have my st 150s(curved arm) set up in that I can beat juggle real vinyl hard and fast and it won't skip. Without a piece of paper in the tone arm and without the counter weight turned around.

If you're using serato or trakktor, as over 90% of the people here are including myself, you can use a cheap Stanton T52 to get the job done. All of you guys probably DJ in relative mode so there is no skipping anyway so I don't know what the problem is. The internet is full of technics fan boys. I don't know if the Technics company are making these accounts or if people have really tricked themselves into believing that 1200s are still the best turntables around. I just hate to see new buyers being deceived.
    I like what you had to say. Yesterday I went by a local refurbisher of the 1200 turntables. That was what I used back int he day. I thought I would get me a set. But I hate buying anything used. what he had to offer was old dingy I would stillhave to put work in. I say get the new models and be done with it. Plus the new models like the poineer, Stantons, reloop I can only assume they could do the trick. I am with you on this. I used to love my 1200's but I if I am going to spend more than 500.00 for a pair of turntables I am getting them new and I am getting the best technology out there.

I had the Pioneer PLX1000....worst mistake of my life! Tone arm was a POS, for a super OEM it's priced way too high in comparison to the rest of the Hanpin offering.
    I sent the PLX right back for a refund, the counter weight was horrible, the gimbal bearing sucked and it was damn near impossible to zero the tone arm properly in order to set the correct tracking force for the Shure M44-7's. I had a set of TTX USB, they were great, loved them but heavy as all get out. I used the straight arm on those, the S arm was odd, it was almost too long and caused some issues. I had a set of Audio Technica LP1240's and they were actually really nice, never had an issue with those. I've owned SL1200 MKII's and loved them, had to sell them some years ago in order to pay bills, but the good thing was they held value well so that's a positive with the Technics. Used you could fetch $400 - $500 /ea USD. I like the new look of the Stanton's the M2's look to be good but I am weary of the start/stop button also controlling the reverse function as well. and for the record, who uses a reverse function ? Not me. So there is my two pennies on the PLX. Oh, does anyone have a copy of that video showing the internals of the PLX? It's been taken down off of YouTube.
    One other note, Pioneer, they suck at customer service. I personally wrote them regarding their horrible PLX and they basically said' Really? we haven’t' heard any issues" as if I'm the only one out there telling them their turntable sucks !

I too am quite tired of the fanboys. I've owned 1200s. I started on them. After my gear disappeared from the back of a club after a gig and I got a deal on some Stantons, I never went back to the 12s. Better performance, more functionality, and I beat them to a pulp just like most do with their 12s and they are still kicking hard. There a plenty of OEMs out there that will outperform the 1200 on any given day. Being in the market for a new set of decks myself, it is extremely discouraging to see the spread of misinformation about OEMs because they simply have not withstood the test of time that 1200s have. If you buy used you are gambling. IDK if they are MK2, M3D, MK5. You are still buying used and you will more than likely need to have something repaired at some point. So why not buy the newest for the same price that comes with a warranty. So what if it comes with a defect and you have to send it back. That exists in AAAAALLLLLLL electronics today. That is what a warranty is for.

Here is a fair reference for anyone looking to buy today. Its a good perspective from a good DJ:

http://djtechtools.com/2016/02/15/20...orld-champion/

Personally, I'm not going to pay almost $1k for used Technics based solely on the fact that they've endured the long haul and are industry standard. That would be like switching back to Serato after using Traktor for years, just because everyone else uses Serato. When I can do waaaaayyyy more with Traktor. Also, after using STR8-150s for years, every time i get on a pair of 12s I feel like I'm using a belt drive. All the new Hanpins have extremely high torque, something the 12s will not achieve. I am leaning towards another pair of Stantons (ST-150, I'm already a proven fan) or giving the Reloop RX-7000 a shot (ze Germans). They're all gonna be Hanpins, but the PLX-1000 is overpriced IMO. People selling 1200s think they are selling the fountain of youth. By today's electronic standards, nothing is really built to last anymore. Something to keep in mind when buying.