View Poll Results: Do you like live drums played on DNB tracks?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • They clash and generally sound out of place

0 0%
  • they are ok

1 100.00%
  • They sound great and we need more live instrumentals in sets

0 0%

Thread: Live DNB Drumming, your opinion on it?

Live DNB Drumming, your opinion on it?

Have you ever found a live drum and bass deconstruction drummer such as Jojo Mayer or KJ sawka that you have really enjoyed? Or do you generally find it cheesy and clashing, and think that live drums voice lives best elsewhere. As a drummer myself, I enjoy it, but it can be bad. I wonder if other people feel the same, especially coming from a more traditional DNB/jungle DJ or producer background.

jo jo mayer i like. Hes more an artist outside of the DJ geared drum n bass type. But i like to hear his take on the genre.

When I've seen it, more often than not it's been distracting because it's not perfectly in time, but when I've seen a drummer play really well it's sounded amazing. I prefer the drummer to have a mix of real drums and drum pads. So I've voted "they are ok" because it depends on the quality of the drummer.
    * Follow me on Twitter * My latest mixes on Soundcloud / Hear This * All downloads on Hulkshare *
    andymunro.blogspot.co.uk for my tracklistings and links to my 320k mp3 downloads