Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Going to get the Denon SC2900's, how are these guys?

Going to get the Denon SC2900's, how are these guys?

Hey guys,

After some advice from here and careful thought, I am going for the 2900's! And selling the DNS 5000's.

There are really good prices on a website called Thomann.de and wondering how they are overall, and if there are custom charges to the UK from Germany?

Thanks guys, if you can also point me in the direction of more useful info on the 2900's that would be awesome.

Zeebedy
    Last edited by Zeebedy; 06-22-2015 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebedy View Post
    Hey guys,

After some advice from here and careful thought, I am going for the 2900's! And selling the DNS 5000's.

There are really good prices on a website called Thomann.de and wondering how they are overall, and if there are custom charges to the UK from Germany?

Thanks guys, if you can also point me in the direction of more useful info on the 2900's that would be awesome.

Zeebedy
    There have been several recent threads on here regarding the sc2900s (and some excellent older threads too) but there is also a ton of info on the net about them.

Thomann are fantastic, I've used them a few times. A lot of their stuff is noticeably cheaper than buying direct in the UK, although certain things are actually more expensive. But that is easy to check and it will largely be at the mercy of the strength of the Euro in relation to the pound. They also do free shipping on orders over 150 Euros, and give money off vouchers if you subsequently leave a small review & rating of any products you buy- I've had 55 Euros total in vouchers so far for leaving a rating on 8 or so products.

Also, if you ordering several items it is worth emailing one of their team because they will often put you together a package that is less than simply adding each item to your basket and checking out. They do also offer the facility to pay through Amazon on standard orders (not custom packages) which makes things even easier.

As for charges, there is no import duty to pay on bringing goods from one EU Customs Union country to another (both the UK & Germany are members). VAT will be calculated on the purchase as normal and will be reflected in the total cost that you pay- the output VAT (sales tax) element will be payable by Thomann in Germany, but will be included in the cost that you pay. So you pay the total cost including VAT, then Thomann pay over the sales tax element of that receipt to the German VAT authorities. If you were a similar VAT registered business (rather than a private customer) the transaction would be eligible for zero-rating (again due to EU VAT rules) subject to certain conditions- but as this is not the case you will simply pay the cost that 'includes VAT' just as you would if you had purchased the item here in the UK.

Thomann also always provide free UK power adapters with their products which is a nice touch (UK & Germany use common voltages but different plugs).

Please note all of the above is how I understand it, so I am happy to be corrected if anyone knows different.

Quote Originally Posted by Irrational_Fear View Post
    There have been several recent threads on here regarding the sc2900s (and some excellent older threads too) but there is also a ton of info on the net about them.

Thomann are fantastic, I've used them a few times. A lot of their stuff is noticeably cheaper than buying direct in the UK, although certain things are actually more expensive. But that is easy to check and it will largely be at the mercy of the strength of the Euro in relation to the pound. They also do free shipping on orders over 150 Euros, and give money off vouchers if you subsequently leave a small review & rating of any products you buy- I've had 55 Euros total in vouchers so far for leaving a rating on 8 or so products.

Also, if you ordering several items it is worth emailing one of their team because they will often put you together a package that is less than simply adding each item to your basket and checking out. They do also offer the facility to pay through Amazon on standard orders (not custom packages) which makes things even easier.

As for charges, there is no import duty to pay on bringing goods from one EU Customs Union country to another (both the UK & Germany are members). VAT will be calculated on the purchase as normal and will be reflected in the total cost that you pay- the output VAT (sales tax) element will be payable by Thomann in Germany, but will be included in the cost that you pay. So you pay the total cost including VAT, then Thomann pay over the sales tax element of that receipt to the German VAT authorities. If you were a similar VAT registered business (rather than a private customer) the transaction would be eligible for zero-rating (again due to EU VAT rules) subject to certain conditions- but as this is not the case you will simply pay the cost that 'includes VAT' just as you would if you had purchased the item here in the UK.

Thomann also always provide free UK power adapters with their products which is a nice touch (UK & Germany use common voltages but different plugs).

Please note all of the above is how I understand it, so I am happy to be corrected if anyone knows different.
    Thanks for the reply buddy. That is good info, much appreciated, think I will go with Thomann based on what you said as they have some cracking deals that's for sure!

Once I recieve my 2900's I will post a pic of my setup and decks.

Zeebedy

Hey guys,

My denons came, (added pic in the dj setups section). My only problem is, and this is probably me getting a little paranoid, but one of the jog wheels has a slight clicking noise when moving, you can only hear it in total silence and it works and functions perfectly, just wondering though what you guys with 2900's experience is like?

Thanks, Zeebedy

Hey guys,

My denons came, (added pic in the dj setups section). My only problem is, and this is probably me getting a little paranoid, but one of the jog wheels has a slight clicking noise when moving, you can only hear it in total silence and it works and functions perfectly, just wondering though what you guys with 2900's experience is like?

Thanks, Zeebedy

Anyone? Please.

Zeebedy

Hey guys,

Thanks, Zeebedy
    there's a tension setting you can loosen so you wont hear that clicking. Its normal if you want some tension on the platter. Both of mine had the clicking sound when I owned them because I didn't like the platters too loose---Its not a video game controller, heheheh.
    .."You can NEVER go too far"---Ferris Bueller

Quote Originally Posted by fatcatdj View Post
    there's a tension setting you can loosen so you wont hear that clicking. Its normal if you want some tension on the platter. Both of mine had the clicking sound when I owned them because I didn't like the platters too loose---Its not a video game controller, heheheh.
    Hey fc, thanks for the response buddy, yeah I'm puzzled as it still clicks no matter what tension it's on, but works flawlessly and you said you had this? Did it affect any of your djing or not?

Zeebedy

Hey fc, thanks for the response buddy, yeah I'm puzzled as it still clicks no matter what tension it's on, but works flawlessly and you said you had this? Did it affect any of your djing or not?

Zeebedy
    no it didn't affect my mixes, I always had my Denon HP1000's on. (Now I use the lighter DN-HP500, they are more comfy.) The SC2900's are awesome especially the amount of loops that you can store.

BTW---if you ever get a low ball buster paid gig, just bring one SC2900 and use the EJECT button to toggle from deck to deck on the computer screen thus eliminating the need to bring 2 units. Just use the mixer to crossfade while using the one SC2900 as a controller. Super cool man, for them backyard no nothing crappy gigs. Of course bring both units to good gigs, you don't want to looks like a amateur.
    .."You can NEVER go too far"---Ferris Bueller

Quote Originally Posted by fatcatdj View Post
    no it didn't affect my mixes, I always had my Denon HP1000's on. (Now I use the lighter DN-HP500, they are more comfy.) The SC2900's are awesome especially the amount of loops that you can store.

BTW---if you ever get a low ball buster paid gig, just bring one SC2900 and use the EJECT button to toggle from deck to deck on the computer screen thus eliminating the need to bring 2 units. Just use the mixer to crossfade while using the one SC2900 as a controller. Super cool man, for them backyard no nothing crappy gigs. Of course bring both units to good gigs, you don't want to looks like a amateur.
    That's good to know mate. I'm glad it's a non issue, and at the end of the day I have a year warranty if all goes pear shaped!

Will update photo soon as I have a cheap laptop I purchased primarily for engine on the 2900's!

Zeebedy

Quick update :

I have arranged for collection of my sc2900 that clicks, will be fixed under warranty repair, I could not stand it any longer ��

Won't be doing much djing, but hey when it's fixed. It's fixed.

Zeebedy