Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Front page banner feature on Beatport.com!!

Front page banner feature on Beatport.com!!

First of all, I'm sorry if anyone thinks this shouldn't be in General, but I'd love for you all to enjoy this moment with me.

I started as a DJ (and pianist) many years ago, when coming to this site. I learned a lot about electronic music and the art of mixing here at DJF (1.0 etc)...I've now attained Number 1 releases on Beatport, support by The Crystal Method, and currently have a release today that attained a front page banner feature on Beatport.com Breaks genre page. I'm absolutely blown away, and humbled! I'm working with the likes of Colombo and Wes Smith?!? Is this real life?

This means a lot to me and I just wanted to share in the epicness that is what's going on. I started here on DJF, and now I'm sharing my heart loved accomplishments with you all! This is awesome

You can purchase the tunes here:

https://pro.beatport.com/release/did...k-this/1544656

Also, there's a small audio preview you can listen to here:

Annnnd, if you prefer your previews with video, here's a promo video:

Click here for mobile viewing.
    Last edited by Ellissentials; 06-15-2015 at 01:31 PM.

Great news. Track is really sounding good. Your music goes from strength to strength.

bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

Congrats, that's awesome, and the track is great.

Firstly, thanks so much Pete and Manu..

Secondly... Pete, that vocal sample IS Samuel L Jackson ("Oh I'm sorry, did I Break your concentration?"), so good choice of meme!
    (The other is a snip from Superbad; "Break Yo'Self FOOOOooo!")

...another neat thing. Did anyone notice the monkey screech sample I used for a Crash symbol? hahah
    Last edited by Ellissentials; 06-15-2015 at 08:39 AM.

Yeah i did notice the monkey, lately the Prodigy used that too on "The wild Frontier"

Looking (and sounding) good Elli! Don't forget us little people!
    Ya gotta love corn, it's one of the only foods that says good-bye.

Rep owed: DTR, Pete, KLH, mitchiemasha,

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    Yeah i did notice the monkey, lately the Prodigy used that too on "The wild Frontier"
    Ahh yes, they did use a monkey sample too!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Spit View Post
    Looking (and sounding) good Elli! Don't forget us little people!
    Thanks Mark! Nobody is little, everyone is grand. We all have a story and an energy to project... I'm trying my hardest Thanks for the support!

I'm getting a hell of a response from this one through social media. Been non-stop today!

congrats man! always nice to see people on this forum do it big in their own way and come back to report the news.

curious, what was the process, if any, to get your track featured on the front banner of Breaks?
    My Latest Mix : EDC LAS VEGAS 2023 (05/18/2023)
    Quote Originally Posted by maelstrom99 View Post
    wow this guy has mad talent OP you are doing a great job of promoting him, do you get paid in dick or what

Quote Originally Posted by Smallz View Post
    congrats man! always nice to see people on this forum do it big in their own way and come back to report the news.

curious, what was the process, if any, to get your track featured on the front banner of Breaks?
    Thanks for the words Smallz

As for getting it done... no lie, it's because Colombo and Wes Smith are current top dogs in the Breaks industry, and Beatport probably "auto recognized" the names and bannered it. Maybe something like that. It has to be "top stuff" to be in there, according to sales; Colombo and Wes Smith do well.

At least that's how I think it works. It released today and got banner immediately. But, Beatport receives the tracks 2 weeks prior to release, from the distributor...so maybe they have a screening process and deem it worthy? Maybe a combination of things I've said and other stuff. I know I'm very interested in what this release does over the next weeks time! I have a feeling this one will do decent Especially if I can get some help from forum goers. I mean, it's not too much money if one has it to spare and support. If not, just words here are worth a hoot to me!! Check in and let me know if you like it, or hey; IF YOU LOATHE IT! I truly want to know.

Thank you all!

Hammer!

Well done, man.
    2 x Pioneer CDJ 1000 MKIII + Rodec MX 180 Original