View Poll Results: Tekno_Violet vs Baller95 vs BigPanda - Electronic Music Battle: Who should win?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mix 1

2 40.00%
  • Mix 2

2 40.00%
  • Mix 3

1 20.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tekno_Violet vs Baller95 vs BigPanda - Electronic Music Battle

Thanks for listening guys!

This battle really deserves more votes!
    Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    And try stuffing a sausage down the ears of your promoter, he will probably moan like a whore.
    My Mixes Here...

Like the great competitions where the skills are fairly evenly matched, this one is hard to judge. It's basically all down to playlist. Lessee, we have:

Mix 1: The impress-the-girl club EDM set
    Mix 2: The fist-pumping Big Room set
    Mix 3: The chillaxing deep house set

As previously mentioned, the skills shown within each mix are great. I detect no glaring errors, large clashes or train-wrecks, so GREAT JOB, peeps. To pick a winner is really hard. In the past five minutes while typing this, I've changed my mind twice... that's how close this is. But this is a competition and Lord Raiden says that there can only be one winner. So here it goes.

3rd Place: Mix 2. Why? I'm not really into the Big Room sound. It's unfair to have such a shallow viewpoint, but it's all I got. You got the shaft because I have to be a shallow SOB, otherwise there'd be 3 winners. Blame Lord Raiden. He's a bastid.

2nd Place: Mix 3. Why? Good question. I love deep house... and I will be listening to this after the competition because I liked what I heard. So why second place? It's a weak-azz answer but it's because I would mix some parts differently. Not better. Just different. I like to use effects like echo to (try to) blend these tracks seamlessly and hopefully mix textures to come up with a blended sound that weren't intended. I love when that happens. Since I didn't hear this type of mixing, it's why I have this in second place. I probably shouldn't be because I'm now on my 3rd time listening to this mix. I'm committing to my first gut call though... because the other tracks have only been played once.

1st Place: Mix 1. Why? This mix has a great flow (until Smack My Bitch Up and then recovered) that reminded me of how _I_ mix. I hope you take that as a compliment because it was intended as one. I also think that this is the sound that the battle tried to go after. I've now listened to the mix twice and yes, this is the track that I believe should win.

I'd better post this before I listen to that deep house track once more and change my mind. GREAT JOB EVERYONE and thank you JonAvalon for another great battle! Rep to all.

EDIT: I voted for Mix 1 but if I can figure it out, I'm voting for Mix 3, dammit. Figured it out. I'm too lazy to switch my text around. You guys get where I'm coming from though. I'd buy each of you a beer.
    Last edited by KLH; 05-09-2015 at 05:02 PM.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Thanks for listening and voting!

I took too long to decide on these very closely matched entries. I would have voted for Mix 1 by the smallest of margins over Mix 2 (if I had not missed the deadline). This is just based on overall feel as there were no distinguishable on a skill level I could use. Well done by all.

Thanks for voting and participating guys !!

I was mix 1 btw.

reps out!

I was mix 2. Good battle guys, I liked the variety!