View Poll Results: Do you have a limiter as part of your gear?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes I have a limiter

6 25.00%
  • no I do not have a limiter

13 54.17%
  • I do not have a limiter but I plan to buy one

3 12.50%
  • I would never use a limiter.

4 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: do you use a limiter in your rig?

do you use a limiter in your rig?

There is another thread about limiters as part of a DJ's rig. It was suggested that most DJ's have a limiter as part of the setup.
    so, I am curious.. how many DJF'ers have a limiter?
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Troy View Post
    If I was only willing to listen to music *I* like, then I wouldn't be a mobile DJ, I'd just get a Pandora subscription.

Personally, I dont use one, but my situation may be a bit different than most here. As mentioned in the other thread, my system is a bit overkill for the gigs I do so, my system (amps/speakers) never get pushed enough to need a limiter.
    1) Contract, Contract, Contract!

2) Join VIP & support DJF: http://www.djforums.com/forums/payments.php

I have 4 limiters, but would never use them for the purposes mentioned in the other thread. I was surprised how many people recommended a limiter to protect an amp with a built in limiter. The input signal is too hot, much better ways to deal with it than killing the dynamics of the signal but hey just my opinion.

where the dirty money is on a numbered bank account
    I have one in my driverack. Its the only medicine that works against the "the mixer is part of the lightshow" sickness.
    There is also an analog highend Limiter that is not affecting the sound, and with 130.-$ quiet cheap:
    The Limiter
    Last edited by gammagoblin; 04-29-2015 at 03:43 AM.

As we talked about in the other thread I have limiters in my processors and they are set, however the system is of sufficient size that it is rare that they will kick in. But more so at larger gigs.

On the input side I use an AGC/leveler as protection from overzealous DJs

OH ALLEN!

Although, I had already bought one of those driveracks, PA+. I voted Don't have a limiter, but want to get one. Not just the limiter, a crossover too.

That device looks so cool. Professional looking (I guess). I'm going to love all the features it has to offer. I read the entire online manual. I got the basics. I'll just keep reading, so I can get to know it. Since I never owned one of these things before

This will be replacing the GLI pro equalizer I currently have.
    I am not a professional DJ. It's a backyard hobby I love! In the garage. Numark ndx-500, American Audio 10 mxr , 4 BFM tuba 24s, EV ZLX 12p's, Truss full of lights. I STILL have all my equipment as of January 2023!