Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The house & bass corner

The house & bass corner

As some of you may know, my personal preference in music is house & bass and jackin house, I have quite a few mixes up on my soundcloud and I recently started a new mix series which I entitled "House & Bass EP".

In this thread I will post my mixtapes to keep them all in once place to avoid spamming the forum, there will be a wide variety and I'll keep this original post updated with any new ones I add.

In my mixes you can expect organ basslines, big upbeat basslines and deep and dirty jackin house from artists by the likes of Ill Phil, Paul Lawrence, Hannah Wants, Chris Lorenzo, Shadow Child, Doorly, Cause & Affect and Martin Ikin to name a few!

All of my mixes are recorded live through CDJs and a mixer.

Hopefully you enjoy these mixtapes and for more if you're feeling it you know where to find me!

This first mix is the first instalment of my new monthly mix series which I spoke about a little bit previously "House & Bass EP One." EP Two is due in roughly 18 days, watch out for that one!

This second one is a guestmix I recorded for HAUSMADE London which is a small up-coming promotion label, brilliant guys to work with.

This mix was a to enter a mix competition in which the winner would win a temporary residency and a set at the particular night in either room 1 or room 2 dependant on music genre, my personal genre is a lot more fitting for room 2 which was deep/tech/jackin etc. My mix was voted the winning mix.

This next mix was a promo mix I done for the night above, dirty secrets is the name of the brand that runs the second room.

This mix was a promotional mix for Jackin the Attic, a local bass night, this was the halloween special of 2014, I will also add my live set.

The live set from the night.

This next one was just a random house & bass mix I recorded for the cloud.
    Last edited by Works; 04-25-2015 at 01:59 AM.

Will check these out, sounds like this may be great while driving long stretches on the Autobahn. Will report back after, and let you know how high the fines were
    Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    And try stuffing a sausage down the ears of your promoter, he will probably moan like a whore.
    My Mixes Here...

very nice stuff

listened to mix 1 for a start. awesome bass at 6:58
    2 x Pioneer CDJ 1000 MKIII + Rodec MX 180 Original

track id, plz?

Quote Originally Posted by AH- View Post
    very nice stuff

listened to mix 1 for a start. awesome bass at 6:58
    Thanks for listening, the track at 6:58 is K-Green - Kingsize

@Skasja

Hope you enjoy!

tnx, keep up the good work dj

Yes, good stuff! Listened to #1 and your competition entry Which one woud you suggest for a bit less "jacking" sound? I like the style, but in moderation...
    Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    And try stuffing a sausage down the ears of your promoter, he will probably moan like a whore.
    My Mixes Here...

Quote Originally Posted by Skasja View Post
    Yes, good stuff! Listened to #1 and your competition entry Which one woud you suggest for a bit less "jacking" sound? I like the style, but in moderation...
    There's a few mixes I haven't actually included in my list, but most of them generally follow the same kind of music theme. Just my style really!

Thanks for taking the time to listen I appreciate it, I've got house & bass ep. Two dropping in two days so I shall update this thread once it's up.

Following on from my first mix "House & Bass EP. One", 1 month later I have uploaded EP. Two, check it out here.

Amazing stuff, I haven't been much into jackin house but so far it's great. Just getting in the first mix atm.