Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Same Old Song Battle - Anyone Interested?

Same Old Song Battle - Anyone Interested?

Rumor has it that if you give 5 DJs the same 5 songs you will get 5 different mixes. Lets test that theory. I purpose that in this battle, we select 5 songs and we all have to do a our mixes using those 5 songs. As to not break the DJF pirating rules, everyone would have to be a member of the same record pool so we can all legally get the exact same songs. I am a member of DJCity and MyMP3Pool.

So...anyone interested?

Or alternatively, do songs that we can get on iTunes or Beatport.

I'm down.

I am not a member of any pool but if I can find the 5 songs proposed (legally, I don't pirate anything anyway) I would be happy to get in on this. Would you be OK with using samples from other sources as a mixing tool, not necessarily the song, just pieces?

I'd be ok with house or something along those lines, since I know EDM will get show down in an instant.

I really like this song (house right?)

Something alone these lines maybe?

Glad to see people are down with this. Here is what I think we should do: First decide on a genre. After that, each person submit one song in that genre and that will be our 5 songs for the mix.

I don't think we should allow samples because we all don't have access to the same samples.
    No pre or post production (ie premade remixes outside of the songs we select). However feel free to cut an chop it up live in remix decks or sp6 sampler or whatever.
    Whatever gear you like. We will vote on to allow sync or not (i don't have a problem with it)
    20 min time limit

I like either EDM, Hip Hop, House and Top 40

I'm down for hip hop stuff or maybe some well known songs.

Stuff like Jump Around by House of Pain, Pursuit of Happiness, idk. Whatever works.

Down 4 whateva genre as long as the songs can be bought somewhere It's all good. I'm just using vinyl/DVS and a sampler and I don't care if someone uses sync.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabbitMonk View Post
    hows about all 5 tracks being diffrent genre's?
    I'm down. Let's have everyone submit a song (that's obtainable by legal means) and we have to use those 5. My submission is above if we use this idea.