Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hearing protection

Hearing protection

I'm pretty serious about protecting my hearing when playing out and about after developing a bit of a problem with one of my ears, I currently have some earplugs, but I'm looking for something a little more discreet, clear ones would be perfect!.

I currently have the ProGuard Lin-ear PR-20 ear plugs they're really good but not very discreet.

https://www.proguarduk.co.uk/product...-music-earplug

Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Managed to mess up one of my ears. Bought these a few weeks ago and there pretty good.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0081431US

I don't know if there discreet enough for you though.

invest in custom fit earplugs. they sound WAY better than anything else and they're completely flush with your ears. i use mine with headphones with no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by kir mokum View Post
    invest in custom fit earplugs. they sound WAY better than anything else and they're completely flush with your ears. i use mine with headphones with no issues.
    I've been looking at the custom fit ProGuard plugs, they look solid, £144 quid.

How does the clarity compare to the cheaper variants, for example the ones I posted?

Thanks.

Let me ask you ear plug folks,

Do you find yourself turning the volume up when you dj with them? I feel like I should invest in them, but I'd be turning the volume up naturally as I subconsciously think there is a certain loudness I should have when I DJ and would end up overdriving the headphones.

Quote Originally Posted by Defiance View Post

Do you find yourself turning the volume up when you dj with them? I feel like I should invest in them, but I'd be turning the volume up naturally as I subconsciously think there is a certain loudness I should have when I DJ and would end up overdriving the headphones.
    Honestly, I don't turn it up anymore than usual!

Tried custom ones before and was pretty disappointed, they didn't sound any better than the generic £15-or-so ones that you can buy from music shops (i.e. very muffled and uneven in terms of frequencies) and cost 10x as much. In fact the latest ones from Etymoic etc are probably actually better, the technology does seem to be moving on lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Defiance View Post

Trust the levels!

Quote Originally Posted by disparate View Post
    In fact the latest ones from Etymoic etc are probably actually better, the technology does seem to be moving on lately.
    Link to these new earplugs?