Thread: Denon DN-X 600: DVS mode with serato DJ & time code vinyl ????

Denon DN-X 600: DVS mode with serato DJ & time code vinyl ????

Good day all,

Just want to enquire about the Denon DN-X 600 mixer & it's DVS mode capabilities. Which software does the DN-X600 support

I would like to get this little unit & a pair of Pioneer PLX's and use it in DVS mode.

I don't have any software or time code vinyl's at the moment, so I was wondering will Serato DJ work on this unit for the PLX's

I know I will have to buy the Serato DJ license....with that said & if it will work, which package should I buy so I can get the time codes as well.

Why you choose this mixer?

Quote Originally Posted by Housexy View Post
    Good day all,

Just want to enquire about the Denon DN-X 600 mixer & it's DVS mode capabilities. Which software does the DN-X600 support

I would like to get this little unit & a pair of Pioneer PLX's and use it in DVS mode.

I don't have any software or time code vinyl's at the moment, so I was wondering will Serato DJ work on this unit for the PLX's

I know I will have to buy the Serato DJ license....with that said & if it will work, which package should I buy so I can get the time codes as well.
    It's not a Serato certified mixer (read: Denon did not approach Serato before they launched the product and signed a contract stating that xxx amount of $$$ from each sold unit will go to Serato) so it's internal audio interface cannot work with Serato. You can hook up a SL or DS interface and use it that way like a regular mixer.
    What's funny, they did do it with Native Instruments for it to be TSP certified but because NI had other plans (in the form of, oh another 2ch mixer called Z2) they refused.

If you want to use the internal audio interface for DVS you have a choice of Mixxx, Virtual DJ, Mixvibes Cross and Traktor Scratch Pro (but DVS for TSP will work only if you use a windows laptop).
    It's one of the most underrated mixers in the last 6-7 years and mint units were recently on ebay in US for meager 250$. Even now the anouncement of DJM-450 it's a still better mixer in some regards: usb AND rca send/return, 2 aux inputs, booth output, split cue, abillity to sync fx to midi bpm from software (not even nxs units have that), fader and crossfader 12 curve adjustment,......

Agreed on the mixer being very underrated. It had a great metal build and was one of my favorite all-time mixers. I miss that little guy, and regret selling it.
    Joe A Delfin (JamminDownJD)
    Entertainment Director, Ultra Events Production Group and ChicagoPremiereDJs
    Vice President, Chicagoland Chapter of the American Disc Jockey Association

thanks guys for the input. Just that a second unit is available but I think I will rather use the cash & invest in the Rane SL4 instead to hook up to my DJM700. Just saw that it had DVS facility & thought it would work with Serato.
    much appreciated for the help