Thread: beatport naming/tagging system

beatport naming/tagging system

i find i have to fix the tags on all my beatport purchases after i download them
    they come out with a serial number in the name, artist field is blank and as standard it says "original mix" on every single track, which i delete
    its a pain in the neck to be honest, but its ok if you do it straight away when you buy the music because the information remains in your download list for a while.
    however i have some older music i never fixed, and now i actually dont know the artist names in many cases, i dont know if theres a way to go back and find out.

is there a remedy for all this? something im doing wrong in the beatport settings? or if this is just the way beatport is , is it not driving people crazy?

Did you send them a message?

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    Did you send them a message?
    i have done just now, since you mentioned it
    but was wondering if this is the same experience others have
    Last edited by DJ Matt; 06-07-2020 at 10:17 AM.

yeah, turns out its because im downloading WAVS which have no tags, they recommend AIFFs because they have tags

i think they should just name the wavs properly IMO.. but anyways..

I agree they should name the ways right. Back in the days of original Napster we all settled on “Artist - Song (Remixer Remix)” at a bare minimum.
    My production tips thread. On my production philosophy, techniques, and concepts
    http://www.djforums.com/forums/showt...roduction-Tips