Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Apple New Macbook not DJ friendly....

Apple New Macbook not DJ friendly....

But the Mac heads will say its the best thing since sliced bread...
    http://www.djtechtools.com/2015/03/0...he+New+Macbook
    QSC GTDaudio B52 Numark NS7 American DJ Hercules 4Mx ACER Behringer Peavey Koss CerwinVega Selenium VDJ= Sweet Music
    Owner DRZ Inc.

Oh shit this is gonna be a good thread

First Mac screwed over power users and video editors and now this.
    Hewlett Packard the backbone of Apple data centers.
    I will not read anything in Comic sans

I'm surprised that this came up so quickly. I thought that people were trying to DJ on the Apple Watch.

-KLH
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

I do have to use a USB hub with my '12 13" MBP when I use CDJ's in HID mode with SL-box, so it's nothing new that DJ's carry external hubs and interfaces with them anyway. It's a nicely sized for DJ use, but I wouldnt spend that much on those specs.

And I'm sure there will be 3rd party chinese hubs for 10-20i$h.

Good thing CDJs now have a sync button.

It's nothing close to the MBP or the Airs. It has an Intel M chip (think tablet processor). To me it comes off like a Surface pro with crappier specs. If you look at the internals there isn't much but a shitload of batteries.

The USB type-C is a push. A little hard on the push compared to dropping the optical disk drive with the Airs. But i'm sure there will be a bunch of dongles for that. (*read the article after typing this up....)

For dj'ing? I dunno. Maybe, with a serious dongle that has 2-3 ports. Maybe there is a future in BT or wifi external HD.

It's pretty much an iPad with a slightly smaller MBA body. I'd personally stick to MBP/Airs.
    Last edited by akswun; 03-10-2015 at 08:43 AM.

What would be the point anyway with only one USB port? It's like buying a iPad to dj with, pretty pointless. It's likely because it would be new it would be over priced. You might as just get an older pro.
    Decent idea for just general use though, but again it will be expensive because that apples thing.

I find it so funny when people take computers seriously, like an insult to their first born.
    Quote Originally Posted by ksound View Post
    Wth? Is everyone on here a minger I can't be the only one here who has a constant barrage of hot young ******* throwing themselves for no strings attached encounters

Quote Originally Posted by LJay View Post
    I do have to use a USB hub with my '12 13" MBP when I use CDJ's in HID mode with SL-box, so it's nothing new that DJ's carry external hubs and interfaces with them anyway. It's a nicely sized for DJ use, but I wouldnt spend that much on those specs.

And I'm sure there will be 3rd party chinese hubs for 10-20i$h.
    You really would trust a cheap no name hub. Right now you use one hub with this you would need 2. One to get a standard USB port/HDMI and then another hub to get multiple HDMI ports. Also that single port is also used for charging. If something happens to the port you are completely screwed.

Also why use USB c instead of thunderbolt or a lightning connector.
    Hewlett Packard the backbone of Apple data centers.
    I will not read anything in Comic sans