Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom table build

Custom table build

About a month ago, I came across pic online of a Dj table that I really liked. I noticed several other companies made ones that were nearly identical. I believe the originators were a company called "Hoerboard." The one I dig most is called their "classic" table. All companies that build tables like this are super expensive, so, after a lot of research I decided to build my own.

Here's a link of the table I am using as my reference, the Hoerboard Classic

Since I care mostly about scratching (and have limited space) I decided to build it to hold one turntable.

Dimensions:

39" tall

4' long

24" deep

6" thickness all around it

In these pics you can see one of the sides (front or back) and laying down between the legs is one of the center inner pieces that will serve as a brace for support, weight and to secure the top and bottom surfaces of MDF.

image1.JPGimage3.JPGimage2.JPGWent to home depot & bought 2 different pieces of good 1/2" thick interior plywood in 4x8' sheets. Cut one in half and turned it into the "U" shape to make up the front and back panels.Attachment 1516
    Last edited by NickyJ; 03-09-2015 at 11:53 PM.

Got a bunch of pics but can't seem to be able to attach them all. I'll try and dumb down their size and try again tomorrow. Got it almost ready for paint.

Hi Nicky ... Welcome to DJF .... I like the sound of this thread and look forward to seeing your build

I loved the look of that Hoerboard Classic when i first seen it too ...Hope you get your pics sorted

Subscribed

Peace

Ok, I tried shrinking the pics down but 100kb total attachment space is nothing, so I guess unless I can figure out how to find a pic hosting site, this isn't going to happen.
    I have step by step pics on how to do it and am currently just about done & ready to send out for painting.

Looks great. There is another Dj on a different forums who had the same table made by a carpenter. His was done in white with all internal connections.

Good luck, post more pics when you can.

Yeah, I saw that. Mine is coming out differently. I saw another company that had speaker platforms done in a different way than Hoerboard and I've adopted their style. Essentially, there is going to be one Neutrik PowerCon outlet on a lower inner side of one of the legs and that will be the only exposed wire. It has 2 speaker stands which have the wires fed through the 2" tubing through to the speaker platform and a channel is cut from the top of the platform out so the speaker won't even sit on the wires.
    Mine has a similar thing set up for a laptop stand too.
    Hoerboards, for example, does not have the wires held internally like this.

Its a shame I can't post more pics without signing up to a pic hosting website, its a lot easier to see than to describe.

Here's a link from another dj table company that uses the concept I described about the speaker & laptop platforms.
    http://dualsf.com/images/monitordetail4_lg.jpg

I've also started customizing my Vestax PDX turntables (self-grounding, painting, high quality low-pro decals, under platter and start/stop button halos, upgraded tonearm, etc) to match the table.

I would have created another thread devoted to this, especially since I haven't found any info on doing custom work with Vestax, but again, without being able to post pics it's pointless.

Okay, here's another pic of the skeletal frame with ribs. I added extra pieces of scrap wood around the bend to give added support to the MDF where it will bend around the rounded corners of the table. As you can see, the front and back sides of the table as well as the inner supportive frame pieces are all made of plywood.