Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: electro-voice ekx-18sp review

electro-voice ekx-18sp review

i just got two of the new ekx-18sp subs from electro-voice. the first thing i noticed was how light they are and it has and metal bar in the front to protect the sub and help keep the grill from denting, which is pretty cool. the cardioid control is a really cool feature, it makes it to where you can actualy hear yourself think while you're DJing.it has some cool dsp options but most the new subs coming out have it to. its loud!!! id compare the loudness to a jbl prx sub, only lighter. way better then the elx118p and of course the build quality is great

if you need a loud sub and dont want to break your back with a sub that weighs over 100lbs look into the ekx-18sp
    Last edited by tylert7; 03-05-2015 at 10:10 AM.

Thanks tyler7 for the review, this is the first I have read on the EV EKX-18SP sub thus far. Any chance of you doing a video upload of the subs uin action? What tops are you using in conjunction with these subs?
    If I had to play only for people who liked the music because they heard it on the radio, it wouldn't make me happy. -- David Guetta

i dont have anything to really make a good video, i could use my phone but it would be pretty crapy. i got a pair of ELX112Ps. its pretty stupid that they only put a handle on one side of the elx112p. it makes it more difficult to put on a stand
    Last edited by tylert7; 03-05-2015 at 10:17 AM.

tyler7,

Hope you really enjoy your EV, I love all my EV stuff. I have ETX and I love it, but it is very heavy stuff. Did you buy the covers for them? If not get them ASAP, because no matter how careful you are, you will damage them. The ETX, EKX line have a great look, and I like the way the grills are made, but even with the metal supports on the subs and covers it is easy to dent or bend the grills. Don't store or stack anything on top of them, when the grills are facing up.

i need to get the covers for them

Quote Originally Posted by tylert7 View Post
    id compare the loudness to a jbl prx sub, only lighter. way better then the elx118p and of course the build quality is great

if you need a loud sub and dont want to break your back with a sub that weighs over 100lbs look into the ekx-18sp
    Which PRX sub model are you comparing?

Quote Originally Posted by tylert7 View Post
    i just got two of the new ekx-18sp subs from electro-voice. the first thing i noticed was how light they are and it has and metal bar in the front to protect the sub and help keep the grill from denting, which is pretty cool. the cardioid control is a really cool feature, it makes it to where you can actualy hear yourself think while you're DJing.it has some cool dsp options but most the new subs coming out have it to. its loud!!! id compare the loudness to a jbl prx sub, only lighter. way better then the elx118p and of course the build quality is great

Congrats on your new ev's Tyler. The ev's do look very nice. I hope they give you many years of reliable service. I know that you just got the setup, but do you think that the two subs will keep up with your two tops? Get us some pics up if you can. I think in the long run you will be a lot happier with this purchase compared to what you first started out asking questions about.

id compare it to the prx718-xlf or the prx618-xlf. ya they keep up with the tops.

I was really looking into these subs. Good to hear they are starting to hit the streets. My dealer still is doing pre-orders and hasn't heard of any shipments here yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ya most sites were only doing pre orders