Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pioneer users, opinions please

Question Pioneer users, opinions please

I'm thinking about selling my CDJ 1000's and DJM 800 so i can buy the CDJ's 350 with mixer.

Is this is a step up or down in my set-up? could i keep my DJM 800 and just buy the CDJ's are they compatable.

I dont know if i wanna put all my music on usb keys, has one one done this conversion?
    cheers

i wouldn't sell the 1000s for 350s in a lifetime.
    Quote Originally Posted by EarnYourKeep
    name one dj that can replicate richie's drums in a minimal techno way, this coming from a plastikman background...then again i figure trance heads would respond this way they always seek the BUILD UP AND DROP THE BASS BRO

1000's to 350's?

I smell a troll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Rees
    Don't worry about it. Set them up, turn them on, listen to them, adjust if needed. No matter what you do, they're still going to sound like Eons

I think that's called a downgrade, along with a waste of money.

Just keep ehm, that would be a huge downgrade.

it depends, yes it is very much a downgrade, but in saying that, for home use? if you can mix as well on the 350's and then have some spare cash left over from the trade...why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Marc S View Post
    it depends, yes it is very much a downgrade, but in saying that, for home use? if you can mix as well on the 350's and then have some spare cash left over from the trade...why not?
    well if you don't mind that they feel like toys compared to the higher models.
    Quote Originally Posted by EarnYourKeep
    name one dj that can replicate richie's drums in a minimal techno way, this coming from a plastikman background...then again i figure trance heads would respond this way they always seek the BUILD UP AND DROP THE BASS BRO

don't know about the 350, but my thinking before i opened this thread is that anytime you go from a 1000 model # to a 350 it is pretty much a downgrade no matter how old the 1000 model is or what we the product is.

good to see my uninformed thinking appears to be right so far.

I agree with Marc on this one. Will going from a 1000 to a 350 be a downgrade? Absolutely. Will a 350 treat you right for home use? Absolutely. Plus, you will have some money in the pocket. Not a bad deal, really.

The one nice thing about the 350 is that it is fully compatible with Rekordbox, so you will be able to take advantage of the nice quantized looping and preset cue points if you want.
    Everybody is going to have an opinion.
    Just do your thing to the best of your ability and have fun with it.

[SIGPIC]http://www.ustream.tv/channel/faderwave-radio[/SIGPIC]

As far as handling and feel goes, the 350 is a downgrade. If it's the USB compatibility you're after, then it's an upgrade. I don't know how desirable the MK1 CDJ1000, but I doubt there would be much money left in the pocket if making a switch from that to the 350. To get somewhat close in feel without breaking the bank totally, the 850 is an option I guess.