Thread: Muting Low EQ Fully

Muting Low EQ Fully

I have a track that has a very stong bassline which isn't fully hidden even when the low EQ is muted. It wouldn't normally be a problem but there is an audiable bassline from the track with the muted low EQ during a part of the mixing when the other track is on a breakdown so it stands out and doesn't sound very clean. Is there anything I can do to disguise the bassline completely withought affecting too much of the mid range EQ? Maybe an effect or filter of some kind or maybe I can re-record the track in a certain format to make sure there is no audiable bassline when the low EQ is muted?

If you have a Low Pass/High Pass filter on your mixer, swipe it to the right until the mid/high ranges sit in the mix
    http://soundcloud.com/mondope

A lot of times the bassline contains upper harmonics that are not in the bass region. In order to filter those out you have to dig in the midrange.

If you have the stems from the producer then no problems! Just take out the bassline.

If not then you're out of luck. Like taking the eggs out of a cooked cake.

Reminds me of those questions everyone asks when they start DJing, genre "I want to take out the vocals from this track so I just get the instrumental"....

Aint possible, son.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

^ Lolz

'nuff said.
    http://soundcloud.com/mondope