Thread: A Noob in Need

Question A Noob in Need

Hello friends!

Preface: I have no idea what I am doing

So my freshman year of university I went to a rave. It was awesome. Bought a Hercules Console RMX. I had a ton of fun with it for the last few years just playing around with it as a hobby. This summer I am hosting a party. I'm looking for some advice.

1.) I think I need is speakers - I mean clearly I do, but I have no idea what kind or type. Probably my least knowledgeable area. It's going to be in a back yard - pretty big one.

2.) I have that Hercules Console RMX MIDI controller and I totally love it. But I sometimes wonder if I could do more with something else? I don't know exactly what or what "more" actually means.

3.) I've been looking at a NDX400. After doing some research I came to the conclusion that it wouldn't work with my set up and that I would need a NDX800 instead. Is this the case? As in do I need the one that connects via MIDI? The whole idea of getting one of these is so I can play music from cds that I have since I don't have enough space on my laptop.

Please keep in mind that I'm not looking for the best or the anything really expensive because this is only a hobby with no intention to commercialize myself. I still want to have fun!

Thank you for any assistance and would appreciate anyone taking me under their wing!

Oh yeah and I'm using Mixxx if that makes a difference.

Just rent a pair of speakers from the local music store or dj company. Make the person having the party come out of pocket for it,.'
    Shoot list your location and someone on here might be close enough to help.

2-15 tops and an 18 sub should get the job done as well as most gigs a new DJ would get in the event you choose to start playing out. More importantly have fun and be sure to protect your equipment from wild party goers
    "It's better to give than to receive. Especially advice. "
    Mark Twain

practise the set that your going to be doing that night, and practise it till you get it right.