Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are used Xone DB4 prices so low, and why don't they still sell ?

Why are used Xone DB4 prices so low, and why don't they still sell ?

I've put my Xone DB4 on a few sites but not gotten any response.
    In Europe, i'm seeing these at really prices.....as low at US$1500 on some Irish classified sites.
    The ones on ebay hardly have any watchers.

Wondering why this is the case ?
    It is A&H's flagship mixer. I assume not being Traktor certified and the quality control issues might have something to do with it....
    Though it seems popular on the techno scene in germany!
    Even on youtube, or forums its not very talked about.

Whats the catch ??
    At this point i'm wondering if i made a bad purchase....
    Thanks
    Faisal

try a mixer before buying. You haven't received it yet, then it seems you rely on the worst of the internet feedback to make your mind up.

Wondering why this is the case ?
    because used gear is cheaper than brand new.
    SoundCloud ________________________________ MixCloud________________ __________________YouTube
    Dead or alive, you're coming with me

I didn't have the option mate. Buying online was my only option, and unfortunately internet forums are the only opinions i have access too.

I have bought an A&H mixer some time ago now. It's an amazing beast in my opinion, and Allen & Heath produce some quality gear overall. I wouldn't rely on the internet for opinions, as you'll get more people writing about problems than people who are perfectly happy with their gear.
    Last edited by Alex Murphy; 02-01-2015 at 04:02 AM.
    SoundCloud ________________________________ MixCloud________________ __________________YouTube
    Dead or alive, you're coming with me

That is true Manu. Even i have rarely posted about gear which works!! Its always about problems and trouble shooting....

Yeah just get it and play with it. I tried it when it was new at NAMM back in 09. It's dope as fuck.

I have heard their are issues with the sound card drivers that Allen and Heath can't seem to resolve. For the db2 they announced they can't even fix them. That's really disappointing at this price point.
    "Oooh look at me.... I wrote the Internet!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruel View Post
    I have heard their are issues with the sound card drivers that Allen and Heath can't seem to resolve. For the db2 they announced they can't even fix them. That's really disappointing at this price point.
    There's no issues with the DB4 though. Regarding the DB2, it only affects a few early USB3 Macs and the problems are hardware issues on Apples side. There's only so much Allen & Heath can do to fix a hardware issue that only appeared after they released their mixer i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Bob View Post
    There's no issues with the DB4 though. Regarding the DB2, it only affects a few early USB3 Macs and the problems are hardware issues on Apples side. There's only so much Allen & Heath can do to fix a hardware issue that only appeared after they released their mixer i guess.
    I don't think the HW issue occurs on the DB4, no. But a friend of mine has a DB4, and says the Mac drivers suck.
    "Oooh look at me.... I wrote the Internet!"

I scored one today... it was so cheap I could not resist

Will hook it up tonight and start messing with it... it has some nice brothers & sisters to play with:
    - Xone 92r
    - Rane 2016
    - Rodec MX1800
    - Pioneer 909

By far the cheapest of the above...it has to be really bad to not be worth the money I paid (just below $800).
    Any issues I have to be aware of ?

Thanks for the feedback.

Ps. Ryan, did you sell the 2015 for the denon 1800 ? (and how do you like the Rane ?)
    Last edited by Johnny Drama; 08-19-2017 at 12:34 PM.