Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Buying equipment in Canada

Quote Originally Posted by DougMore View Post
    AVShop is so over priced on a lot of their gear.
    Really? That's where I always go since its closest. Otherwise prices seem matched thought the GTA audio stores.

I look at their Rane gear vs. Moog

AVShop:

http://www.avshop.ca/dj-equipment/dj...erato-dj-mixer

Moog Audio

http://www.moogaudio.com/rane-sixty-four-p-7401.html

EDIT 09/01/15: AVShop has fixed their price while Moog has gone up..... #ThanksHarper
    Last edited by alazydj; 09-02-2015 at 12:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnish_Fox View Post
    Did someone mention hookers?
    Quote Originally Posted by RDRCK View Post
    am not brony.

For us westerner's I have had some great luck with axemusic in Alberta - for some reason the tax is cheaper and most items are free shipping in Canada.

http://www.axemusic.com/store/

With anything you buy online you do need to know your prices as some items are a deal and others are not.
    Last edited by navydiver; 02-03-2015 at 08:53 PM.
    Strength in Depth!
    Tim

Actually yeah I've seen better deals on Moog, forgot all about that site. For some reason I didn't think it was legit at first.

For those (like myself) who live close to the border, it is an easy decision to buy from the US. I have an account at a mail pick up service just over the border. They sign for and store your packages and charge $2.50/package.

Usually, if the item is around $300 or less, the border guards just let me through without paying any tax. Otherwise, you just pay the same tax that you would pay here anyways. It was great up until a few months ago when the loonie began to drop. Now I really have to factor in the exchange rate but even then, deals can be found.

AVShop -- if your a CDPJA member, you also get an annual 10% discount which is worth a lot if you buy lots of equipment at once. Shipping can be slow though.

I'm also a regular at Axe Music in Calgary since they are around the corner from my office, and I've picked up some ex-rental stock from L&M.

I get lucky on eBay from time to time .. about a year ago when the CAD was closer to USD, I picked up a brand new CDJ2000NXS for $1500 landed... the other one I paid over $2200 here in Canada. Music123 on ebay has good deals occasionally on used equipment, but poor CAD doesn't help.

Axe Music is great, done a lot of business with them. Same with Moog Audio. Tom Lee Music out of Vancouver is pretty badass too. About a month ago I ordered an Akai keyboard and it was at my front door in two or three days.
    rape stork

Quote Originally Posted by si! View Post
    AVShop -- if your a CDPJA member, you also get an annual 10% discount which is worth a lot if you buy lots of equipment at once. Shipping can be slow though.

I'm also a regular at Axe Music in Calgary since they are around the corner from my office, and I've picked up some ex-rental stock from L&M.

I get lucky on eBay from time to time .. about a year ago when the CAD was closer to USD, I picked up a brand new CDJ2000NXS for $1500 landed... the other one I paid over $2200 here in Canada. Music123 on ebay has good deals occasionally on used equipment, but poor CAD doesn't help.
    How much did you pay on duty ?

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyTrain18 View Post
    How much did you pay on duty ?
    Nothin - we're Canadian, based out of Markham Ontario (just north of Toronto)!

AVShop is so over priced on a lot of their gear.
    Hey Doug - thanks for the feedback (although not directed at us, its very helpful!)... We have a very powerful system so generally when prices are off by a bit, it means new pricing was issued from the manufacturer and our system automatically updates it, those who have manual systems can take months sometimes to update their prices. We do however offer a price match program where we match or beat Canadian dealers pricing!

If you ever have trouble, feel free to PM me and I'll help you out!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]AVShop.ca - Canada's source for DJ Equipment!
    7 - 210 Cochrane Drive, Markham ON, L3R 8E6

If anyone is looking for a Pioneer DDJ-SP1 I got one for sale. Holla!