Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buying equipment in Canada

Buying equipment in Canada

Hi Guys,

I was wondering where you guys in Canada buy your gear? It seems everything is more expensive here. I'm looking to buy a new controller, still don't know which one. But, for example, I can't find the DDJ-SX under 1,100$ on Canadian's website, though I can find great deals around 700$ in USA, but doesn't ship to canada, or it cost 150$ to ship here. Even second hand is hard to fin.

Do you guys know a good store here or online store with better pricing or I might pay the extra ?

Thanks

Unfortunatly as Canadians, we're stuck paying high prices for electronics.

Where you at? Did u try looking at kijiji?

Yeah Im in quebec. No luck there. I hoped Piomeer would announce a new ddj at the namm so the other like the sr would have drop loll. Anywylay guess i'll wait to find a luck!

The loonie sucks atm....Thanks Obama

No but really, I plan on grabbing a Rane 62 (or TTM57Mk2 now) from our friends in the USA and just paying HST over the Ontario border. Since Rane is manufactured in the States there is no tariff to bring it Canuck side.

You can get a 62 down there for $2000...where as the CHEAPEST I've seen it here in Canada is like $2600 before tax.
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnish_Fox View Post
    Did someone mention hookers?
    Quote Originally Posted by RDRCK View Post
    am not brony.

Kijiji/Craigslist... If you're new to buying used gear I suggest you really do your research before you commit to buying something from these classifieds

Moog Audio (MTL & Toronto)... A little pricey but they have everything you could want

Long and Mcquade (IMO fair prices considering the value of the loonie).... This is place is your best bet to get gear slightly cheaper and they do sell used equipment.

Canada Computers... Depending on which location you might be able to find a bunch of gear. But no used stuff.

If you really factor in the exchange rate and shipping costs you're pretty much spending the same amount when buying from the U.S. Like try finding something on Ebay. You'll find that shipping will cost you a good chunk making it better to buy locally. Using classifieds is a good way to see what the market is like for certain gear when buying used. Just don't get hoodwinked because there are sooo many shady ass sellers out there.

Thanks for the answers guys. I'm planning to go in the USA for a Journey in June.. Maybe i'll try to find one and bring it back here. Thanks a lot

Try Electric Sound Crew and AV Shop. They sell equipments thru ebay. Just go to their website. Some of their items are free shipping.

AVShop is so over priced on a lot of their gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnish_Fox View Post
    Did someone mention hookers?
    Quote Originally Posted by RDRCK View Post
    am not brony.