Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Custom Cue Sticks (aka: Stick, Lollipop, Monophone)

How is the ear cup affixed to pipe, I would think you would use a set screw or something like it.

Great DIY!
    Last edited by James Martin; 01-16-2015 at 04:33 AM.
    2 x DENON SC3900 | Now I have 2 AUDIO TECHNICA LP 1240 | Pioneer DJM-3000 ROTARY | DENON ENGINE | Pioneer RMX-1000 | RELOOP STICK HEADPHONE

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew B View Post
    I would rather have [O/][iii][O/]'s mods and builds as separate threads. It makes things more easily searchable for those looking for something in particular.

Nice work.

I would too and believe you are correct about ease of searching specific topics. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by cyberphox View Post
    Glad to have you here and love the black market soul site
    Thanks! Cheers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by James Martin View Post
    How is the ear cup affixed to pipe, I would think you would use a set screw or something like it. Great DIY!
    Hi and thanks. Yes, ear cup bracket (rather yolk) has been center drilled in alignment with corresponding drilled holes on pipe and then secured with tiny machine screw/bolt.

Could I do this with Sennheiser HD 201's? Mine are laying around useless.

Quote Originally Posted by ATrain View Post
    Could I do this with Sennheiser HD 201's? Mine are laying around useless.
    Hi ATrain - yep, absolutely. This type of conversion could be conducted with practically any headphone I imagine. All you'd need to do is calculate the correct resistor values based on the HD201's impedance/wattage so that the final summed mono spec matches your desired spec. Well that and work out how to adapt the yolk to the handle of course.

Now one thing I should point out about the HD201 if you're considering tackling this project is that you'll also need to figure out how to route the wires from out of the ear cup and into the handle. Unlike the MDR-V700 which has a reversible earcup-to-yolk design, the HD201 is pretty much a fixed single direction design so the wires exit only out of the bottom when assembled. A minor obstacle, but one I'm confident can be overcome.

Hope this helps and good luck! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by ATrain View Post
    Yep, and if you take a look at my signature you'll even find a link that takes you to that site.

Ah, ok.

Thanks for your help with this project! I'll see if I can find time next weekend to do it.

I remember seeing this tutorial back in DJF 1.0 when you used to go by Soulsonica / BlackScience. I always wondered why you opted to use resistors in your wiring of the driver. I've been using a heavily modified telephone handset for years and wired it up without resistors and haven't had any problems. I'm curious what the benefit of using them is.

BTW, I should thank you for the inspiration you've given me for my own DIY projects that I've done over the years. You've shown that just because it's DIY, it doesn't have to look DIY.
    Ya gotta love corn, it's one of the only foods that says good-bye.

Rep owed: DTR, Pete, KLH, mitchiemasha,