Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Custom DJ Console

Jesus!! awesome set up man. Loved how you had the headphone jack on the side with the old Rane mixer. Haha thought it looked great like that.
    Big woof! Wanna fight about it?!

I see,what you did.you swapped out the mixers. did you have to built another cover piece,for the new mixer dimensions? was there any trouble in taking the MP2015 out of it's wood side panels? guess you're not trying to sell the console now? what do you think of the new Rane MP2015? if my questions sound stupid,it's because you set-up has over-excited me.lol
    Last edited by DennisBdrmDJ 2.0; 05-18-2015 at 11:51 PM.

Yeah, Have to say .... I aspire to having a set up that looks like that ... Nice and clean and tidy ... Looks very slick ......Unlike my pile of hardware with birds nest of wire ! lol

Love this setup a LOT

Quote Originally Posted by DennisBdrmDJ 2.0 View Post
    I see,what you did.you swapped out the mixers. did you have to built another cover piece,for the new mixer dimensions?
    Hi - Yes, the mixer section is designed with a flush removable panel so up****** is a breeze. Just cut a new panel, cut correct hole for new mixer, laminate, drop in and go to work.

was there any trouble in taking the MP2015 out of it's wood side panels?
    No trouble at all. Just unscrewed three screws per wood side panel and they pop right off.

guess you're not trying to sell the console now?
    Nope, she's still for sale. >>> http://www.djforums.com/forums/showt...tom-DJ-Console

what do you think of the new Rane MP2015? if my questions sound stupid,it's because you set-up has over-excited me.lol
    Love it. IMO it's the best production mixer currently on the market. Have to admit to being somewhat skeptical about a 100% digital mixer sounding as good as it does, but it does, effortlessly. Rane hit a grand slam home run with the MP2015. Its dynamic range/headroom, sound quality, precision control, flexibility, etc. are all on a another level. Nothing else comes close except for a few vintage rotary models and a handful of custom crafted boutique mixers.

This is truly next level. Amazing!! I'm looking to do a project over the holidays but I dont expect it will be to this level.

Man, that's really my type of schizzle. Beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by bassdrop View Post
    This is truly next level. Amazing!! I'm looking to do a project over the holidays but I dont expect it will be to this level.
    Sweet. Good luck with project. Post it up for us to see when she's all done.

Quote Originally Posted by Puregroove View Post
    Man, that's really my type of schizzle. Beautiful.

I see that before you got an MP2015 you had a separate 1/4 jack for what I'm assuming is headphones?

May I ask where you got your connector for that?

Quote Originally Posted by ATrain View Post
    I see that before you got an MP2015 you had a separate 1/4 jack for what I'm assuming is headphones?

May I ask where you got your connector for that?
    Correct. Because the Rane Empath does not have a top chassis accessible headphone port, I simply relocated its front chassis headphone port to the top surface of the console by adding a flush panel-mount female 1/4" TRS port (Neutrik part #: NYS2203) with a short extension that has a male 1/4" TRS jack hidden underneath that plugs into the mixer.

http://www.alliedelec.com/neutrik-nys2203/70549397/