Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Audacity recording

Quote Originally Posted by H-A View Post
    looks great, tnx

audacity input source should be: 'line in' ?

RabbitMonk tnx that's nice info as well
    Yes, make sure you're plugged into the line-in jack as well. You should get decent enough quality without having to buy a soundcard.

Quote Originally Posted by l0ckd0wn View Post
    FYI, I just recently picked one of these up and am having problems installing the driver on Windows 8.1 64bit. It hard locks my machine right as it starts to install the driver.

The good thing is that it's USB compliant and you can use the WDM audio device without having to install a driver.
    actually, i'm using Win8.1 too. What do you mean exactly with hard locking your machine?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabbitMonk View Post
    haha cute, but i really want to work with audacity or the like

Quote Originally Posted by l0ckd0wn View Post
    FYI, I just recently picked one of these up and am having problems installing the driver on Windows 8.1 64bit. It hard locks my machine right as it starts to install the driver.
    Are you sure that you're not still using Windows 98? Seriously though, this driver is supposed to work for 64-bit Win 8.1.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

actually, i'm using Win8.1 too. What do you mean exactly with hard locking your machine?
    Just as I said, it completely locks up my machine.

Quote Originally Posted by KLH View Post
    Are you sure that you're not still using Windows 98? Seriously though, this driver is supposed to work for 64-bit Win 8.1.
    Ha ha ha...

I know it's supposed to work, but I cannot determine just why it's locking up on me. I've tried installing numerous times now and when it actually starts copying files my whole machine locks up.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell | "Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

hm... your 8.1 trouble worries me. I do think ufo202 could be the stuff i need, but i have to be sure it works properly.

If someone has the same kind of issue installing the Behringer ufo202 driver on w8.1, pls let me know.

And what are the best alternatives? Say in the range of 200 USD max.

hm... your 8.1 trouble worries me. I do think ufo202 could be the stuff i need, but i have to be sure it works properly.

If someone has the same kind of issue installing the Behringer ufo202 driver on w8.1, pls let me know.

And what are the best alternatives? Say in the range of 200 USD max.
    BTW, all the functionality works without the driver, the only caveat is that you are forced to use ASIO4All, but either way all the I/O work just fine in WDM.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell | "Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire