Thread: 2 Year Anniversary Mix - House, Progressive and Trance

2 Year Anniversary Mix - House, Progressive and Trance

Click here to see it on Mixcloud

Commemorating roughly 2 years since the release of my first mix, this set includes a selection of my favourite tracks that I've used this past year. A blend of house and progressive tunes fills the first 30 mins and then the harder-hitting trance tracks keep things going.

This mix is shorter than the 2 hr sets I have been recording, so it's more energetic and faster-paced. Feedback always welcome.

1 Dusky - Careless (Original Mix)
    2 Darin Epsilon, Ghost WARS - All That Could've Been feat. Ghost WARS (Matt Lange Remix)
    3 Ivan Nikusev & Wav-E - Aurora (Airwave Breaks Remix)
    4 Joseph Capriati - Gashouder (Original Mix)
    5 Pryda - Power Drive (Original Mix)
    6 Orkidea - Liberation (Something Good Vocal Remix)
    7 Carl Cox Feat. Savannah Blount - The Latin Theme (Roel Salemink & Steve Mulder Remix)
    8 Lost Stories pres Prayag & Rishab - Ashna (Johan Gielen Remix)
    9 Setrise vs. Johann Stone - MNE (Original Mix)
    10 MaRLo, Sarah Swagger - Always Be Around feat. Sarah Swagger (MaRLo's Tech-Energy Remix)
    11 Jon OBir Feat Fisher - Found A Way (Joint Operation Centre Remix)
    12 Talla 2xlc, The Thrillseekers - Fracture (Sebastian Brandt Remix)
    13 Aly & Fila, Giuseppe Ottaviani - Brilliant People (Mark Sherry Remix)
    14 John Newall - Grand Central (Edit)
    15 Du'ArT - A Folha Saiu Serena (Destroyer rmx)
    16 Peetu S - Protective Custody (Original Mix)
    17 Myon & Shane 54 - Futuristic (Green & Falkner Remix)
    18 Thomas Bronzwaer - Sundown (Original Mix)
    Mixcloud: http://www.mixcloud.com/vkatkov/
    Hercules RMX + Audio-Technica ATH-M50 (white) + Traktor Kontrol F1

buuuump

Hey there,

I finally made some time to have a listen today. Really solid mix..thinking back 18 months or so I think your skillz have come along. The mix had me in patches, I guess it's a genre/artist/preference thing. Really loved the opening few tracks, totally in a state of bliss with Airwave's remix of Aurora. I kind lost that vibe, I guess I wanted more that stuff that I'm used to hearing with Airwave.

I was re-engaged once the carl cox and marlo stuff was out of the way and you got into the harder hitting stuff.

Good stuff dude.

Apologies for not getting to one of these sooner.
    DJ Forum Trance Champion 2013/2014
    Retired

Thanks for listening, Vern.
    If it wasn't for you and some of the other trance guys here I would not have even dreamed of including the Airwave track in a mix! The next set I'm working on has a lot more of this stuff... I think I'm beginning to like it.

No problemo amigo,

You're one of the most passionate trance guys here on the forums, you posting great mixes regularly on Mixcloud, you support us tranceys that post mixes up and you really showed everyone how to be a great supporter of the trance tourney. I should have listened a lot earlier.

It's funny about music, right now I have just merged all my tracks over to Rekordbox and I'm in the process of screening all my tracks - 1500 of the bastards. There's quite a few tracks that just make me cringe when I went through them, tracks from Armin, Markus Schulz, Khoma, Ferry Corsten, Omnia. I just culled about 80 tracks out of the collection. The classics remain as they are, the funny thing about trance over the last 5 years or so, was the gradual change that eventually morphed into EDM. At the time when some of these tracks came out, they seemed solid. But after immersing myself in the underground aspects of trance, revisiting these track really highlight the EDM influence that (was/is/has) taken hold of trance.

I'm happy to hear that you're getting into artists like Airwave, I think we all get influenced by our peers and idols out there - but we also forge our own way and create our own unique DJ sound.
    DJ Forum Trance Champion 2013/2014
    Retired