Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Superstereo has taken to Kickstarter

Quote Originally Posted by kir mokum View Post
    DJs are supposed to be music snobs.

and a mixer of that quality is a rare breed.
    1st point no we're not, we're meant to be the exact opposite, the fact we don't like EDM is because it's shit, not because we're snobs. And whilst I appreciate the time and effort put into making that mixer, the whole stigma around rotary mixers of that ilk is a little bit twattish. It's all a bit knob tweaky for my liking, for every genuine person who wants a rotary there are 5 knobheads who think they are kenny carpenter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    It's only because features like auto-sync have opened the doors for a bunch of lazy cunts to buy some gear and think they're a DJ a week later that we go round and round in circles with this same topic.

DJs are supposed to be tastemakers. gatekeepers. we're supposed to filter out bad music and push good music. sorry, but that's a music snob. unless you're a wedding/corporate DJ. then you're just a whore.

Quote Originally Posted by DJForums
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to kir mokum again.
    Can I use your post in my sig?

lol. do what you want.

I like the idea, don't think the design is useful for actual DJing with. All the knobs need to be spaced out some more, it needs a suitable form factor for going between two decks (rack mount wings?) and it needs a nice crossfader. I know rotary is what the snobby DJs are into, but you can't scratch or cut with a knob. (or at least I don't think you can?)

rotary mixers are not for scratching.

Quote Originally Posted by kir mokum View Post
    DJs are supposed to be tastemakers. gatekeepers. we're supposed to filter out bad music and push good music. sorry, but that's a music snob. unless you're a wedding/corporate DJ. then you're just a whore.
    But there is limits, the people I'm talking about literally don't want to know a track if someone else has heard of it, and won't step outside the house bubble they are stuck in, that isn't healthy for any scene no matter how you try and word it. Things like 4000 pound rotary mixers that look like a 40s radio only add to this bullshit clique
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    It's only because features like auto-sync have opened the doors for a bunch of lazy cunts to buy some gear and think they're a DJ a week later that we go round and round in circles with this same topic.

it's less than half that amount. but it's built like professional audio gear. most DJ mixers are just above consumer grade.

I'm sure this is high-quality, but I don't like the form factor. I'd rather have something like a Urei or Bozak (or Rane).

4 backers

£4.00
    pledged of £60,000 goal
    Welp.

I don't like the look of it tbh.

I'm sure it will be awesome quality though.
    www.londontechnoblog.com / www.soundcloud.com/adam-bloy #TeamIdiot
    Cpl. Josh Ray Person:
    "There are layers of retardation people don't even know about"